List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
(Redirected from New York Times News Service)
- The New York Times
- The New York Times International Edition
- The New York Times International Weekly
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine
- The New York Times Book Review
- The New York Times Magazine
- The New York Times News Service & Syndicate
- Times Books
- T Brand Studio
- The New York Times Idea Lab
- Times Wine Club
- Times Film Club
- Times Journeys
- The New York Times Thought Leadership Conferences
- The New York Times Travel Show
- Live Read
- The School of The New York Times
- The New York Times Store
- Donohue Malbaie, Inc. (49%) with Abitibi-Consolidated
- The New York Times Building (58%) with Forest City Ratner Companies
Investment portfolio as of January 2017:
- Atlas Obscura
- Dynamic Yield
- Federated Media Publishing (FMP)
- The History Project
- Keep Holdings
Regional Media Group
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media Group
- WQEW (1560 AM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to The Walt Disney Company and is now WFME, a Family Radio owned-and-operated station.
- WQXR (96.3 FM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to WNYC Foundation, moved to 105.9 FM and City of License changed to Newark, New Jersey.
- KFOR-TV Channel 4 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- KFSM-TV Channel 5 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners
- WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines, Iowa, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WHNT-TV Channel 19 in Huntsville, Alabama, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WNEP-TV Channel 16 in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WQAD-TV Channel 8 in Moline-Rock Island, Illinois, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WREG-TV Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WTKR-TV Channel 3 in Norfolk, Virginia, sold to Local TV, LLC.
New England Media Group
- The Boston Globe of Boston, Massachusetts
- Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Metro Boston LLC (49%)
The Globe and the other New England assets were sold to John Henry in August, 2013, with the sale taking effect at the end of October.
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%, sold in 2012)
- About.com (sold in 2012)
- ConsumerSearch.com (bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 million)
- Baseline StudioSystems (sold in 2011)
- "The New York Times Company: Company: Business Units". The New York Times Company. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Kafka, Peter (2016-10-24). "The New York Times is buying The Wirecutter for more than $30 million". Recode. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times Just Bought A Hot Marketing Company". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times acquires design studio Fake Love - Design Week". Design Week. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "All the views that are fit to print". The Guardian. 2007-11-05. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "New York Times acquires Abuzz". CNET. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Early Stage Investments | The New York Times Company". www.nytco.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Christine, Haughney (24 September 2012). "Times Company Completes Sale of About.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Team, The Deadline (2011-10-08). "NY Times Sells TV/Movie Database Baseline". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-02-21.