New York Yankees Museum
The New York Yankees Museum is a sports museum located at Yankee Stadium on the main level at Gate 6. It is sponsored and presented by Bank of America and is dedicated to baseball memorabilia for the New York Yankees. It is a key attraction at the stadium, which opened in 2009.
A "Ball Wall" features hundreds of balls autographed by past and present Yankees, and there are plans to eventually add autographs for every living player who has played for the Yankees. The Yankees Ball Finder, a touch-screen computer in the museum, allows the viewer to look for Yankees alphabetically to find the location of their ball on the "Ball Wall".
The centerpiece of the museum is a tribute to Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series, with a commemorative home plate in the floor and statues of Larsen pitching to Yogi Berra. Along with a facsimile of a current locker from the Yankees' clubhouse, fans can view the locker of the late Thurman Munson, which sat unoccupied in the previous stadium's Yankee clubhouse in honor of Munson.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New York Yankees Museum.|
- Monument Park (Yankee Stadium)
- New York Yankees award winners and league leaders
- Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center
- "Historic Derek Jeter to Go on Display in the New York Yankees Museum". MLB Advanced Media, Inc. August 8, 2011. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Tour the new House - Pinstripe Pride". Daily News. New York. Archived from the original on April 5, 2009. Retrieved April 10, 2009.
- "Brand new start of it: Opening Day at new Yankee Stadium". Usatoday.Com. April 16, 2009. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "Bronx president has vision of redeveloped area around Yankee Stadium". Associated Press. February 26, 2003. Retrieved November 14, 2011. (subscription required)
- Dodd, Mike (April 16, 2009). "New Yankee Stadium touches all bases, gives nod to history". USA Today.
- "2009 World Series: Roger Clemens gone and forgotten at Yankee Stadium - MLB Playoffs - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. October 28, 2009. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Lapointe, Joe (April 16, 2009). "Berra, at 83: A One-of-a-Kind Common Man". The New York Times.
- Kepner, Tyler (February 5, 2008). "So Many Years Later, Munson's Memory Lives On - NYTimes.com". Bats.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Kepner, Tyler (April 15, 2009). "First Pitch at Yankee Stadium? Yogi, of Course - NYTimes.com". Bats.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "Yankee Stadium Museum opens championship ring exhibition | yankees.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. January 1, 2011. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "Yanks open museum exhibit honoring 'Boss' | yankees.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. May 20, 2011. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "Yankees to Honor George M. Steinbrenner III With New Museum Exhibit | yankees.com: Official Info". Mlb.mlb.com. May 20, 2011. Retrieved November 14, 2011.