New Zealand Fire Service Commission
|Dissolved||30 June 2017|
|Headquarters||Level 12, |
80 The Terrace
The New Zealand Fire Service Commission was the overseeing authority controlling the New Zealand Fire Service and the New Zealand National Rural Fire Authority. A Crown entity reporting to the Minister of Internal Affairs, the Commission was established by the New Zealand Fire Service Act 1975. The Commission was dissolved on 30 June 2017 when it was replaced by the Fire and Emergency New Zealand Board.
At the time of dissolution, the members of the Commission were:
- Hon Paul Swain QSO (Chairperson)
- Dr Nicola Crauford (Deputy Chair)
- Te Arohanui Cook
- Angela Hauk-Willis
- Peter Drummond MNZM
The Commission members became members of the Board of Fire and Emergency New Zealand on 1 July 2017.
- "Fire Service Act 1975 (repealed)". Act No. 42 of 19 September 1975. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Fire Service Act 1975 (repealed)". Article 6, Act No. 42 of 19 September 1975. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "The Board". fire.org.nz. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Our Structure". fireandemergency.nz. Retrieved 11 August 2017.