Newark City Hall
Newark City Hall
Full View of Newark City Hall
|Location||920 Broad Street
Newark, New Jersey
|Area||2 acres (0.81 ha)|
|Architect||John H. & Wilson C. Ely
Mowbray and Uffinger
|Architectural style||Beaux Arts|
|NRHP reference #||78001759|
|Added to NRHP||February 17, 1978|
|Designated NJRHP||August 19, 1977|
Newark City Hall, is located at Government Center in Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, United States. The building was built in 1902 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 17, 1978.
The building is a five story Beaux Arts style building with a golden dome; built at a cost of $2.6 Million. The interior of the building features carved marble, a grand central staircase, stained-glass skylights, decorative plaster and wrought-iron works. Developer Harry Grant paid to have the dome covered in 24 carat gold in 1986. The building was renovated in 2006 at a cost of $18 Million.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places – Essex County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection – Historic Preservation Office. January 10, 2010. p. 3. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- "Historical Landmarks". City of Newark. Retrieved August 9, 2010.
- King, Wayne (September 29, 1989). "Developer's New Gift Unwanted in Newark". NY Times. Retrieved August 9, 2010.
- "Newark City Hall". Architectural Record. Retrieved August 9, 2010.
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|