Newark Collegiate Academy
|Newark Collegiate Academy|
|129 Littleton Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
|Type||Charter high school|
|Motto||"At Newark Collegiate Academy we develop our habits of mind and character, preparing to lead principled, productive lives, that kindle a respect for Human dignity."|
|Authority||Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP)|
|Enrollment||2,729 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.1:1|
Navy Blue and|
|Slogan||"Work Hard Be Nice."|
|Sports||Football & Soccer|
Newark Collegiate Academy (NCA) is a four-year charter public high school located in Newark in Essex County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the TEAM Academy Charter School network of charter schools in Newark run by the Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) which serves students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade. NCA opened in August 2007 and will ultimately serve over 570 students, mostly matriculating from TEAM's middle schools, Rise and TEAM Academies.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 2,729 students and 245.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.1:1. There were 2,049 students (75.1% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 349 (12.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The Newark Collegiate Academy Panthers compete athletically independent of any conference operating under the auspices of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 487 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as North II, Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 73 to 457 students in that grade range.
School colors are Navy Blue and White. Sports offered by the school include Volleyball (women), Basketball (men), Basketball (women), Cross Country (men), Cross Country (women), Football, Soccer (women), Soccer (men), Track and Field Spring (men), Track and Field Spring (women), Track and Field Winter (men) and Track and Field Winter (women).
- School data for Team Academy Charter School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Newark Collegiate Charter, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- Staff. "Top Schools Alphabetical List 2014", New Jersey Monthly, September 2, 2014. Accessed September 5, 2014.
- League Memberships – 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.