|Area code(s)||Area code 215|
According to their websites, Newbold Civic Association (NCA), created in 2006, and Newbold Neighbors Association (NNA), created in 2007, dispute the north/south boundaries of the neighborhood. The NCA claims the southern boundary as Wolf Street while the NNA claims the southern boundary as Passyunk Avenue, one to three blocks farther north (variable due to the southwest to northeast orientation of Passyunk). The NCA claims the northern boundary as Tasker Street while the NNA claims the northern boundary as Washington Avenue, about six blocks to the north.
The main recreation areas in this neighborhood are DiSilvestro Playground and Guerin Recreation Center.
Civic groups active in the area include the Newbold Neighbors Association, the Newbold Civic Association, the South Broad Street Neighborhood Association, and Diversified Community Services.
Based on a Zillow “Home Value Index”, a slideshow released in Nov. 2009 after the real estate market crash on CNBC has two Philly zip codes coming in at second and third place in the U.S. showing strong growth in Newbold during tough times. 
Newbold was identified as the fourth "hottest" neighborhood in the Philadelphia region by Redfin.com with a 435% increase in interest in the neighborhood and a $155,750 median home sale price.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Newbold Neighbors Association
- Newbold Civic Association
- South Broad Street Neighbors Association
- Melrose Diner
- Guerin Rec Center
- South Philadelphia Taproom
- Newbold Brew
- Ultimo Coffee
- LPMG Companies
- South Philly Sausagefest
- Chaat and Chai
- South Philly Review
- The Next Great City: Community Group Listings
- Hottest Zip Codes for Home Prices - CNBC. "2. Philadelphia, Pa. (19145). Year-over-Year Price Growth: 19.1%. Zillow Home Value Index: $144,558"
- Redfin.com | Hottest Neighborhoods of 2014
- Philadelphia Brewing Company: Newbold IPA
- Joe Sixpack: Sixpack Sez 3/21/2008