Newbury High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Newbury High School|
|14775 Auburn Road
Newbury, Ohio, (Geauga County), 44065
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Newbury Local School District|
|Enrollment||40-60 students per grade|
|Color(s)||Black and Orange|
|Fight song||Across the Field|
|Athletics conference||Northeastern Athletic Conference|
|Team name||Black Knights|
|Rival||Berkshire High School|
|Athletic Director||Anthony Forfia|
Newbury High School is a public high school in Newbury, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Newbury Local Schools district. Their nickname is the Black Knights. It is the only school district in Geauga County that serves a single township, although the school might cease to exist in the near future because it is studying a consolidation with Berkshire and Cardinal school districts.
All grades (K-12) are located at the same site at 14775 Auburn Rd, just north of Kinsman Rd. (State Route 87). All grades from K-12 are located in the original building, which was built in the late 1920s.
The school announced in April 2014 that the newest building constructed in the 1970s will no longer host Grades 4-6 due to declining enrollment and budget shortfalls.  However, the auditorium in that building will remain in use and seats approximately 300 guests, as well as featuring full stage equipment, catwalks and dressing rooms.
- Steve Fleming ('89), head basketball coach at Aurora High School (Ohio) and former head coach of the Hiram College Terriers and the Tiffin University Dragons.
- Carolyn Paschke ('88), is the Magistrate in the Geauga County, Ohio Domestic Relations Court and has had a private law practice in Newbury since 1996 called Paschke & Associates.
Nicknamed the Black Knights, Newbury High School offers multiple sports for both boys and girls, including soccer, football, wrestling, baseball, cross country and track (boys), cross country and track (girls), volleyball, and basketball.
Through 1998, the Black Knights were part of the East Suburban Conference. For the 1998-99 academic year Newbury joined the Chagrin Valley Conference, remaining there until in joined the Northeast Athletic Conference in 2014.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Consolidated Geauga County high school study unanimously approved". Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Berkshire Delays Consolidation with Newbury School District". Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- "New Aurora High School Boys Hoops Coach is College Veteran". Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "New Geauga County magistrate to be sworn in". Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.