Newbury Park High School
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Newbury Park High School|
|456 North Reino Road
Newbury Park, California 91320
|Type||Public high school|
|School color(s)||black, gold|
Newbury Park High School, founded in 1967, is a co-educational public high school located in Newbury Park, California. Newbury Park High School has approximately 2,585 students, 106 faculty, and 62 staff as of the 2013-14 year. Newbury Park High School is an International Baccalaureate World School and home of the Panthers.
Newbury Park High School, a "California Distinguished School" and International Baccalaureate World School, is one of three four-year comprehensive high schools in the Conejo Valley Unified School District. Newbury Park High School is located in Newbury Park, California, about 50 miles northwest of Los Angeles and fifty-five miles southeast of Santa Barbara. The school was built in 1967.
In 2006, NPHS underwent a technological overhaul including the addition of new computers and the introduction of Zangle. Implemented at the beginning of the 2006-2007 academic year, Zangle is an online system by Aequitas Solutions for teachers to input and submit grading online, as well as allowing parents to access their child's attendance and grade information. In 2013, Zangle changed its name to "Q", but still performed the same tasks as before.
A second technological overhaul began in the 2015-2016 school year. This included boosted funding for the Panther TV student broadcast program, new Lenovo desktop computers with faster Intel cores and smaller frames, and purchase of charging station carts with Chromebooks or traditional laptops for every department. The school internet system was also revised to be faster, more bring-your-own-device friendly (in terms of ease of Wi-Fi connection), and better security blocks.
NPHS has a technology academy on campus known as the Digital Arts and Technology Academy, or "DATA." This program is for sophomores, juniors and seniors who are selected by faculty to join. The students are enrolled in English, Social Science, Science, and a Technology class together.
Newbury Park's athletic teams are known as the Panthers, and the school colors are black and gold. The following sports are offered:
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls & boys)
- Cross country (girls & boys)
- Fencing Club (one of the longest surviving clubs on campus).
- Football (boys)
- Golf (girls & boys)
- Lacrosse (girls & boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Soccer (girls & boys)
- Swimming (girls & boys)
- Tennis (girls & boys)
- Track & field (girls & boys)
- Volleyball (girls & boys)
- Water polo (girls & boys)
- Wrestling (boys)
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Baseball CIF Champion 1968
- Swimming CIF Champion 1979
- Football CIF Champions 1993
- Women's Basketball CIF Champion and Southern California State Champions 1995
- Baseball CIF Champion 2012
- Dance Team National Grand Champions 2012, USA National Sweepstakes Champions 2015
|This section needs additional or better citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
NPHS has several programs in the Performing Arts. They include an instrumental music program, a colorguard associated with the band program, and a well-developed choral department.
The instrumental music department features a first level Concert Band, a higher level Wind Ensemble, and an addition of Marching Band and two Jazz Bands.
- Jordan Cameron, football player in the NFL
- Belinda Carlisle, singer
- Hailey Clauson, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model
- Dillon Francis, DJ/producer and comedian
- Heather Locklear, actress
- Jason Narvy, actor
- Jesse James Rutherford, singer
- Will Svitek, football player in the NFL
- Whitnall, Becca (August 28, 2014) "Off they go!" Thousand Oaks Acorn
- "SchoolProfile2013-14" (.pdf). nphs.org. Newbury Park High School. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Mathew Baltes; Tyler Coffman; Elias Fraley; Matt Hamersley; Richard Kick; Kelly London; Narissa Petchumrus; Newbury Park High School. "Newbury Park Website". nphs.org. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- NPHS Press Release - 9-25-06
- Knight, Michelle (June 10, 2011). "Graduation 2011 Students given a worldly perspective". Oxnard Union High School District. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Zangle Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- "Newbury Park Panthers". nphsathletics.com. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Newbury Park wins Division 1 baseball title". VCS. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- "Newbury Park High dance team takes home national titles from championship". VCS. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- "Dance team named national champions » Panther Prowler: the official newspaper of Newbury Park High School". Panther Prowler: the official newspaper of Newbury Park High School. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- Bitong, Anna (February 26, 2015). "Model of success". Thousand Oaks Acorn. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
She attended Newbury Park High School for a year before switching to independent study.
- Hulse, Jane (May 26, 1994). "Borrowing From Bard for Bucks : Actor Jason Narvy will direct Newbury High students in an abridged version of 'Hamlet.'". Los Angeles Times.