Newbury Township, Geauga County, Ohio
|Newbury Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
Location of Newbury Township in Geauga County
|• Total||28.6 sq mi (74.0 km2)|
|• Land||28.2 sq mi (73.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,240 ft (378 m)|
|• Density||206.1/sq mi (79.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086158|
Punderson State Park is located in Newbury Township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Munson Township - north
- Claridon Township - northeast corner
- Burton Township - east
- Troy Township - southeast corner
- Auburn Township - south
- Bainbridge Township - southwest corner
- Russell Township - west
- Chester Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Newbury Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American Factfinder". Newbury Township, Geauga County, Ohio. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- County Population Centroids for Ohio
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.