Newcastle Street Circuit
|Location||Newcastle and Newcastle East, New South Wales|
|Time zone||GMT +10|
|Opened||24 November 2017|
|Major events||Newcastle 500|
|Length||2.652 km (1.647 mi)|
|Race lap record||1:10.6403 (David Reynolds, Holden VF Commodore, 2017, Supercars Championship)|
The Newcastle Street Circuit is a temporary street circuit around the east end of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. The circuit hosts the Newcastle 500, the final round of the Supercars Championship. The 14-turn, 2.652 kilometre circuit takes in Newcastle Beach and the foreshore around Nobbys Beach Reserve.
The circuit begins on Wharf Road, heading south-west towards the city. It then turns left at Watt Street, crossing over the Newcastle Light Rail tracks before ascending a 1:22 hill up Watt Street, before again turning left onto Shortland Esplanade 500m after turn one. Once on Shortland Esplanade, the circuit snakes down the beachside road before reaching a 90° left at Zaara Street. This is followed by a 90° right onto Scott Street and another 90° left onto Parnell Place to the fastest stretch of circuit, Nobbys Road down past Fort Scratchley followed by a left-handed hairpin in the Camp Shortland carpark. From there a right hander onto Wharf Road completes the lap.
The originally proposed layout was altered with the omission of the section through Pacific Park and the alteration of the planned Nobbys' Reserve permanent course. However, the circuit has attracted criticism from residents within the circuit precinct.
As of 26 November 2017.
|Outright||David Reynolds||Holden Commodore VF||1:10.6403||26 November 2017|
|Aussie Racing Cars||Blake Sciberras||Mustang-Yamaha||1:20.8968||26 November 2017|
|Supercars Championship||David Reynolds||Holden Commodore VF||1:10.6403||26 November 2017|
|Super2 Series||Jack Le Brocq||Nissan Altima L33||1:12.0615||25 November 2017|
|SuperUtes||Aaren Russell||Mitsubishi Triton||1:31.5980||24 November 2018|
|V8 Ute Racing Series||Jeremy Gray||Ford Falcon FG Ute||1:24.5471||26 November 2017|
|Toyota 86 Racing Series||Cameron Hill||Toyota 86||1:26.2985||25 November 2017|
|Historic Touring Cars|
|Touring Car Masters||Steven Johnson||Ford Mustang Mk.1 Fastback||1:18.3637||24 November 2018|
- "Five-year, $57 million Newcastle Supercars deal confirmed". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Date and layout locked in for Newcastle Supercars race". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Supercars to cross tram tracks in Newcastle Speedcafe 27 April 2018
- "Changes to Newcastle street circuit as date set". Speedcafe. 13 December 2016.
- "Supercars: Newcastle street circuit revealed with changes to initial layout". Fox Sports Australia. 13 December 2016.
- Zhou, Naaman (2 September 2017). "'We essentially live inside a racetrack': Supercars race leaves Newcastle residents fuming". The Guardian Australia. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Natsoft Race Results