|Owner||Transport for NSW|
|Transit type||Bus, ferry, light rail|
|Began operation||1 July 2017|
|Number of vehicles||189 buses, 2 ferries|
Newcastle Transport is a transport company in Newcastle, New South Wales. It commenced operating the bus and ferry services formerly operated by Newcastle Buses & Ferries on 1 July 2017 under a ten-year contract. It also commenced operating the Newcastle Light Rail when it opened in February 2019.
In November 2015, the Government of New South Wales announced its intention to contract out the operation of Newcastle Buses & Ferries services to the private sector. Keolis Downer and a Transit Systems/UGL Rail consortium announced their intentions to bid. In December 2016, a ten-year contract was awarded to Keolis Downer effective from 1 July 2017.
Light rail services
On Demand bus service
- Building tomorrows Newcastle: A New Approach to Transport Transport NSW 5 November 2015
- Transport for Newcastle: private operator to integrate city’s public transport ABC News 5 November 2015
- Keolis Downer eyes acquisitions ahead of Newcastle public transport bid Sydney Morning Herald 3 December 2015
- Transit Systems and UGL announce intention to jointly bid for Newcastle iso Transit Systems 26 February 2016
- Keolis Downer awarded contract to run light rail, buses and ferries says Baird government Newcastle Herald 12 December 2016
- Keolis Downer awarded Newcastle Transport Contract Keolis Downer 12 December 2016
- Newcastle timetables to change Transport for New South Wales 1 December 2017
- Transport changes Newcastle Transport
- Newcastle Transport Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- It's a date - free community open day for Newcastle Light Rail on 17 February Transport for NSW 31 January 2019
- Light rail in Newcastle opening from Monday 18 February Transport for NSW 3 February 2019
- "Newcastle Transport Launches on Demand Service". Newcastle Transport. 29 November 2017.
- "Newcastle Transport On Demand Information". Newcastle Transport. 18 February 2019.