Newcastle West, New South Wales
Newcastle, New South Wales
Newcastle West Post and Telegraph Office
|Population||618 (2016 census)|
|• Density||414.2/km2 (1,073/sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Area||0.84 km2 (0.3 sq mi)Note1|
|Location||0 km (0 mi) W of Newcastle|
|LGA(s)||City of Newcastle|
Newcastle West is an inner city suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, part of which forms the western end of Newcastle's central business district. The suburb is primarily a retail/commercial trading district but includes one high school.
Newcastle West has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Newcastle West (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Newcastle West". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 14 May 2008.
- "Going to a Public School " School Locator " Newcastle High School". New South Wales Department of Education and Training. Retrieved 3 February 2008.
- "Castlemaine Brewery (former)". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. H00312. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Miss Porter's House". New South Wales State Heritage Register. Office of Environment and Heritage. H01445. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
|This City of Newcastle geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|