This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Village of Newfoundland|
|U.S. Congressional District||PA-10|
|School District||Wallenpaupack Area|
|Founded by||Daniel Stroud|
|Elevation||1,312 ft (400 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern Daylight (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||570 Exchange: 676|
|GNIS feature ID||1182395|
|Waterways||Kresswood Lake, Wallenpaupack Creek (East Branch)|
Newfoundland (// new-FOWND-lənd, unlike the Canadian island) is a village in Dreher Township, Wayne County, Pennsylvania. It is most famously known as host to the Greene-Dreher-Sterling Fair every Labor Day weekend.
Two emergency services are headquartered in Newfoundland: the Greene-Dreher Volunteer Fire Association and the Newfoundland Area Ambulance Association. They both provide coverage for the village and surrounding Dreher Township, in addition to portions of adjoining Lehigh and Sterling Townships in Wayne County, as well as parts of Greene, and Palmyra Townships in Pike County, Pennsylvania, and Coolbaugh Township in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
Dreher Township's municipal building is located in Newfoundland.
- Johnny "Onionhead" Eng - Hong Kong-born triad leader, Eng's estate was confiscated by the FBI
- Michael Schoeffling - Schoeffling is a retired actor and model who played Jake Ryan in 1984's 'Sixteen Candles' and was in several other classic movies. He currently lives here with his wife and two children, and owns a woodworking shop.
- "Ella C. Ehrhardt General Store". Wayne County Historical Society. Wayne County Historical Society. 2014. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "District Magistrate". Wayne County, PA. Wayne County Courthouse. 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Dreher Township". Wayne County Historical Society. Wayne County Historical Society. 2014. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Newfoundland". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 2 August 1979. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Look up a ZIP CodeTM". USPS.COM. USPS. 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Dreher Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. Retrieved 13 December 2014.[dead link]
- "Greene-Dreher Volunteer Fire Association". Greene-DreherFire.Org. Greene-Dreher Volunteer Fire Association. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Newfoundland Area Ambulance". Facebook. Facebook, Inc. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
|This Wayne County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|