Newkirk, New Mexico
|Newkirk, New Mexico|
|• Total||1.088 sq mi (2.82 km2)|
|• Land||1.088 sq mi (2.82 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,560 ft (1,390 m)|
|• Density||6.4/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||918267|
Newkirk is a census-designated place in Guadalupe County, New Mexico, United States. The community is located at the junction of Interstate 40 and New Mexico State Road 129; historic U.S. Route 66 also passes through the community. Its population was 7 as of the 2010 census. Newkirk has a post office with ZIP code 88431.
- Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert (1894-1991) - educator, nutritionist, activist, writer, inventor of the u-shaped fried taco shell.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Newkirk". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
Media related to Newkirk, New Mexico at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Mexico state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|