Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell
|Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell|
North American cover art (Super NES version)
|Release date(s)||Super NES
Multiplayer (up to two players)
Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell - known in Japan as Nigel Mansell Indy Car (ナイジェルマンセル・インディカー?) and in South America as Newman/Haas IndyCar Estrelando Nigel Mansell - is an Indy car racing video game developed by Gremlin Interactive and published by Acclaim, which was released in 1994 for the Super NES and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
GamePro gave the Genesis version a mixed review. They criticized the lack of a change view feature (which had by that time become standard for racing games) and the absence of graphical detail, but praised the split-screen multiplayer, highly responsive controls, and the choice of an intense, simplistic arcade mode and a simulation mode which demands careful, thoughtful decision-making from the player. They assessed the Super NES version to be not as good due to the less dramatic visuals and less realistic engine sounds.
- "Super NES soundtrack information". SNES Music. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Release Information for SNES". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Release information for Sega Genesis". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Japanese-English translation of title". SuperFamicom.org. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Super Famicom Japanese title" (in Japanese). SuperFamicom.jp. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Mansell Wins Again on Genesis!". GamePro (67). IDG. February 1995. p. 113.
- "Mansell Takes Second on Super NES". GamePro (67). IDG. February 1995. p. 113.
- Nigel Mansell's Indy Car Japanese flyer at Giant Bomb
- Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell at MobyGames
|This racing game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|