Newport News (Amtrak station)
The station building
|Location||9304 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach
Hampton Roads Transit
|Passengers (2013)||128,317 5.9%|
The Newport News Amtrak station is located at 9304 Warwick Boulevard in Newport News, Virginia. It serves as a terminus of the Northeast Regional service which begins in Boston. Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach service is available for those who wish to continue their journeys to either Norfolk or Virginia Beach.
The current facility is planned to be replaced with two new stations—a large intermodal station near the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport and a smaller station in downtown Newport News. The city plans to begin design work for the larger station in the summer of 2011, for an opening sometime before 2016. The cost is estimated at $24 million, though the city has only obtained $2 million.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, Commonwealth of Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "New train stations could be coming to Newport News". Newport News Daily Press. 15 January 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Media related to Newport News (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Newport News, VA
- Newport News Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Newport News, VA (NPN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|