Newport News station
The station building
|Location||9304 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach
Hampton Roads Transit
|Passengers (FY2014)||86,302 annually 12.2% (Amtrak)|
Newport News station is a train station in Newport News, Virginia, serving Amtrak, the United States' national passenger system. It is a terminus of the Northeast Regional train and is a stop for the Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach.
The current facility is planned to be replaced with two new stations—a large intermodal station near the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport and a smaller station in downtown Newport News. The city plans to begin design work for the larger station in the summer of 2011, for an opening sometime before 2016. As of 2011, the cost is estimated at $24 million.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2014, Commonwealth of Virginia" (PDF). Amtrak Government Affairs. November 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "New train stations could be coming to Newport News". Newport News Daily Press. 15 January 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Media related to Newport News (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Newport News, VA
- Newport News Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Newport News, VA (NPN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|