|Operating system||iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows Phone|
|Platform||iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch|
Android devices, Windows 8, Windows Phone
|Type||News Aggregator, Personalization|
News360 is a personalized news aggregation app for smartphones, tablets and the web. It attempts to learn a user's interests by analyzing their interaction with news stories on the app and using semantic analysis and natural language processing to create an Interest Graph and construct a unique feed of relevant content for each user. The app has an audience of more than 4M users and is located in San Francisco, CA, with offices in Vancouver, BC and Moscow, Russia.
Initially released for iPhone in late 2010, News360 is now available for all major mobile platforms, with versions for the iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows 8, Windows Phone and the web.
News360 was founded in July, 2010. In October 2010, the first News360 Windows Phone 7 app was released. In November 2010, the first News360 iPhone app was released, followed by an iPad version in March 2011. In May, 2011 the company released News360 for Android tablets, and in July - for Android phones. News360 2.0 was released in November, 2011, adding an ability to create custom feeds. The next version, News360 3.0, was launched in July, 2012, introducing the News360 personalization engine and the "Home" feed, which merges all of the user's interests, custom feeds and sources into a single feed that uses behavioral analysis to get better at selecting the most relevant content the more the user uses the app. The release was generally well-received, with a New York Times reviewer saying "For a great news experience, the free app News360 has to be one of the better news-aggregating [apps] I’ve seen on any platform". In September, 2012 News360 announced the Publisher Partnership Program together with 30 brands, including the Chicago Tribune, CNBC, Fox Sports, Business Insider, Gigaom and others.
In March 2019, News360 announced the launch of Audio Briefings and an ad-free version as features available in a paid subscription plan called News360 Premium.
News360 uses a semantic analysis engine, developed in-house by the company, to analyze content aggregated from over 100,000 sources around the web. After performing named-entity recognition, classification, and cluster analysis, News360 uses a complex formula to rank stories, taking in the influence of the source, author, text quality and complexity, size and velocity of the story cluster and many other metrics. The system then takes the clustered and ranked set of stories and identifies a personalized selection for each user, based on their interest graph. The Interest Graph is initially constructed by collecting, with permission, user data from Facebook, Twitter or Evernote. As the user uses News360, additional data is collected from their behavior - as they read stories and give feedback, the interest graph becomes more and more accurate and attuned to their real interests, making the personalization more effective.
In 2016, News360 launched NativeAI, an audience analytics tool for publishers and content marketers. NativeAI tracks over a million unique audience interests based on reader behavior on publishers' websites and provides publishers with a cloud-based analytics & content monetization service. The content monetization works through sponsored content while the analytics uses machine learning to give insights on audience engagement.
- "News360 is Changing the Content Delivery Game". Scobleizer. 1 Sep 2011. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "News360 Mobilizes Native Advertising With Personalized Content". Mediapost. 5 Aug 2013. Retrieved 12 Feb 2014.
- "News360 Crunchbase Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "News360 Revamps Its iPad App: New Look, New Home Screen, New Reading Scores". TechCrunch. 10 Jul 2012. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "Thanks to an update, the News360 iPhone app is now as sleek as it is smart". Digital Trends. 29 Nov 2012. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "News360′s Roman Karachinsky Shows Off Revamped Android App, Hints At Plans Beyond News". TechCrunch. 3 Mar 2013. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "Interview: We chat with the CEO of News360 for Windows 8". Neowin. 4 Nov 2012. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "News360 Is the Wikipedia of News Apps". WindowsPhoneDaily.com. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "NEWS360 2.0 BRINGS WEB APP, UPDATES FOR IPAD AND HONEYCOMB". BGR. 10 Aug 2011. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "PressReader aims to add more personalization to its digital news platform by acquiring News360". TechCrunch. 20 Aug 2019. Retrieved 3 Sep 2019.
- "News360 delivers smarter news to your iPhone". VentureBeat. 20 Dec 2010. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "DEMO: News360 takes personalized news feeds mobile". VentureBeat. 1 Mar 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "News360 now available for Honeycomb tablets". Android Central. 24 May 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "News360 for phones now available". Android Central. 7 Jul 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "Personalized News Reader News360 2.0 Arrives On iPhone". TechCrunch. 1 Nov 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "Improved News360 iPad App Learns Your News Habits, Wisely Consolidates". ABC News. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "Showing Off a Tablet's Graphical Powers, Android Style". New York Times. 14 Nov 2012. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "News360 Offers Publishers a Branded Presence". Wall Street Journal. 21 Sep 2012. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "News360 Premium". www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "The Long Quest for Personalization". News360 blog. 5 Apr 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "NEWS360 3.0 NOW AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE AND ANDROID SMARTPHONES [UPDATED]". BGR. 1 Nov 2011. Retrieved 21 Mar 2013.
- "news360 Aims to Make News Social". Wall Street Journal TechEurope. 11 Aug 2011. Retrieved 19 Apr 2013.
- "News360 Launches Free Audience Analytics Tool For Publishers And Content Marketers - Marketing Land". Marketing Land. 2016-02-26. Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- "News360 adds native ads to its free publisher analytics - MarTech Today". MarTech Today. 2016-05-05. Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- "NativeAI Market Share and Web Usage Statistics". SimilarTech. Retrieved 2018-05-07.