As part of the IPTC G2-Standards family, NewsML-G2 acts as an envelope for one or more news items (such as a text article, a photo, or a video clip) or a structured package of links to news items, and contains metadata to describe the relationships between the items. NewsML-G2 is a business-to-business standard that is intended to help news agencies create complex packages of multimedia news into a single cohesive bundle.
Unlike its predecessor, NewsML 1.x, NewsML-G2 uses standardized XML building blocks and metadata. These building blocks are used in other IPTC G2-Standards, so that system programmers can reuse their code.
Like NewsML, NewsML-G2 is not a text or image mark-up format; it has no way to mark paragraphs or headlines, for example. Instead, it is an envelope and organizer for one or more files of almost any type. For text article formatting, IPTC mentions News Industry Text Format (NITF) or XHTML as common examples.
- IPTC Home Page
- NewsML-G2 Home Page
- Technical guide to AFP NewsML-G2 documents
- XML::NewsML_G2 - open source Perl library to generate NewsML-G2 files
- Online validator for NewsML-G2 and embedded XHTML
- "IPTC - NewsML-G2 - Introduction". IPTC. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "7.6 The Content". NewsML-G2 Implementation Guide (PDF) (5 ed.). IPTC. 2012. pp. 49–51.
- "IPTC - NewsML-G2 - Who's using it". IPTC. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "dpa stellt Produktion auf Datenformat NewsML-G2 um". http://www.dpa.de (in German). 8 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|