NewsWatch (U.S. TV program)
|Starring||Andrew Tropeano (Host), Susan Bridges (Host), Michelle Ison (Co-Host)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||1,262 (as of May 30, 2018)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||March 1990– present|
NewsWatch is an award winning television program with a focus on technology, consumer and entertainment, specifically consumer news, celebrity interviews, mobile app reviews, editorial and sponsored consumer electronic reviews, breaking medical and government news, and public service announcements. NewsWatch also features on-location satellite media tour (SMT) interviews, video news releases (VNRs), and national non-profit awareness campaigns submitted to the program by various providers. It is usually broadcast during morning news hours at 7am on Monday on AMC Network, and all Ion Television affiliates, as well as independently syndicated local stations. NewsWatch is based in Washington, DC and has offices in Fairfax, VA, New York City, and Denver, CO. NewsWatch is owned and operated by Bridge Communications, a video production and communications company.
NewsWatch began airing in March 1990 as a monthly program with a primary focus on financial issues. In the 1990s, it expanded its scope to become more of a TV news magazine covering a wide variety of topics of interest to the general public.
NewsWatch is a consumer and entertainment focused program that features both editorial and paid segments, where companies can market and promote their brand after an editorial approval process from the NewsWatch standards and practices team.
Between July 2010 and July 2017, celebrities including Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, Carrie Underwood, Brooklyn Decker, Cee Lo Green, Tom Skerritt, Julie Bowen, Chris Noth, Paul Sorvino, Alison Sweeney, and Julianne Moore have appeared in the program. In that same time period, celebrity athletes including Phil Mickelson, Joe Montana, Jerry West and Jeff Burton have appeared on the program.
NewsWatch is hosted by Susan Bridges, Andrew Tropeano, and Michelle Ison, who introduce individual stories and consumer oriented product/service reviews. Segments within the program typically run one-to-two minutes in length and are usually self-contained reports.
The host also conducts interviews with newsmakers in remote locations throughout the U.S. These interviews cover a multitude of topics and often include well-known celebrities who may have a personal involvement in the issue being discussed.
Beginning in April 2011, part of the NewsWatch program began a focus on the technology market, specifically new consumer focused technologies. Since April 2011, NewsWatch has worked with multiple Fortune 500 companies to produce product reviews to air on the NewsWatch program. Recent Fortune 500 Technology reviews include Sony, Siemens and Audi (part of Volkswagen Group). Tech Report has featured other nationally recognized brands, including Outback Steakhouse, Casio, Bang & Olufsen and D-Link.
Starting May 2012, NewsWatch began featuring AppWatch, a segment focused on finding and reviewing new and upcoming mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Window devices. AppWatch is hosted by Andrew Tropeano and runs weekly. Recent AppWatch reviews included Intel RCN Mobile App, Jurassic Park III: Park Builder, MoWeather, AZ Pest Control, n8State, Lord of the Dragons, Baby's Brilliant,
Awards and recognition
NewsWatch TV won a Gold and Platinum 2017 Marcom Award for their nationwide 30 minute television program. NewsWatch TV won the national 2017 Videographer Award for excellence in 30-minute entertainment programming. The program received a 2016 Silver Telly Award, and was nominated for one other.
- NewsWatch Television Listings on AMC Network - TVGuide web page
- Bridge Communications: Parent Company of NewsWatch web page
- Siemens Smart Hearing Aid Featured on NewsWatch Television web page
- E-Tron Quattro Concept Featured on NewsWatch Television web page
- NewsWatch TV reported on the features of the Outback App web page
- Bang and Olufsen – Wireless Speaker - NewsWatch Review web page
- AppWatch web page
- Intel® tablets showcased on the History and Bio Channel feature, NewsWatch web page
- MoWeather on NewsWatch - AppWatch web page
- PCTOnline - AZ Pest Control on History Channel web page
- Consumer Electronics Net - NewsWatch Recently Featured the N8 State Mobile Application on National Television web page
- NewsWatch TV Wins Gold in Television Awards for Excellence in TV Production and Product Reviews web page
- 2017 Marcom Platinum Award Winners web page
- NewsWatch TV Wins Prestigious Videographer Award web page
- 2017 VideoGrapher Award Winners web page
- NewsWatch Nominated for Two Telly Awards web page
- NewsWatch TV Wins Gold in Television Awards for Excellence in TV Production and Product Reviews, 24 October 2017, retrieved 24 October 2017
- NewsWatch TV Airs its 850th Episode, 13 April 2010, retrieved 30 July 2011
- ChargePoint on NewsWatch TV, 28 February 2014, retrieved 25 August 2014
- As Seen On NewsWatchTV: TheFind’s patented search technology, 30 September 2013, archived from the original on 7 October 2014, retrieved 22 August 2014
- Bridge Communications: Parent Company of NewsWatch, 12 October 2015, retrieved 14 January 2016
- New GraphicAudio Access® Mobile Apps Featured On Newswatch TV, 27 March 2014, retrieved 18 August 2014
- Siemens Smart Hearing Aid Featured on NewsWatch Television, 15 February 2015, retrieved 15 December 2016