||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||27 March 2008|
|Owned by||ITV Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Slogan||News. Not noise|
|Sister channel(s)||India News
The Sunday Guardian
Availability of NewsX channel is on all MSO platform like Hathway, Den, siti, Incable etc.
|Dish TV||Channel 608|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 374|
|Big TV||Channel 460|
|DD Direct Plus||Channel 51|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 358|
|Asianet Digital TV(India)||Channel 421|
NewsX is a 24-hour English News media|news television channel in India. It is owned and operated by ITV Network, a private limited company under the management of Kartikeya Sharma. Sharma bought NewsX under the umbrella of his ITV network in 2012. NewsX is India’s only free to air English news channel.
Launched on 27 March 2008, the channel is a recipient of national and international awards.[weasel words] It is owned by Kartikeya Sharma, Chairman and MD, ITV Network and spearheaded by Editor-in-Chief, Rahul Shivshankar.
The channel's management includes:
- Best Investigative Feature – NT Awards 2012.
- Film & Television Reporting – Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2010.
- Environmental Reporting - Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2010.
- News Reporter & Videographer Of the Year 2009 by Indian News Broadcasting Awards (4 Nominations)
- Pioneering Initiatives in Digital Technology 2008 by NT Special Award
- Best News/Current Affairs Promo 2008 by Silver Promax Award - Singapore
- India Business Roundtable Awards in Maryland.
- News Channel of the Year (English) at ENBA.
- Red Ink Awards for excellence in Journalism.
- "Contact Us". newsx.com.
- "Interview: Kartikeya Sharma, Managing Director, iTV Network". Best Media.
- "iTV Network Editorial Leadership". www.itvnetwork.com.
- "UPDATED: Kartikeya Sharma-led Information TV buys out NewsX". www.exchange4media.com.
- "ITV Media (India News) Acquires English News Channel NewsX". www.medianama.com.
- "ITV Media acquires NewsX for an undisclosed sum". Business Standard.
- "Story of a Media Entrepreneur: Kartikeya Sharma". www.sunday-guardian.com.
- "News Television Awards 2012". NT Awards.
- "Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards: The Winners". The Indian Express.
- "Nominees for Airtel Indian News Broadcasting Awards 2009 announced". www.exchange4media.com.
- "Special awards presented by MOVICO". NT Awards.
- "Sony, ESS fire at Promax/BDA 2008 awards". Indiantelevision.com.
- "NewsX-ITV Network receives the prestigious India Business Roundtable Awards in Maryland". NewsX. 11 June 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "NewsX, India News enter US". The Sunday Guardian. 11 June 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Aaj Tak and NewsX win News Channel of the Year (Hindi & English) at ENBA". www.exchange4media.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "NewsX bags Red Ink Awards for excellence in Journalism". IndianTelevision.com. 2 May 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2016.