|Directed by||M. K. Maheshwar|
|Written by||M. K. Maheshwar|
|Produced by||M T Sriram|
|Edited by||Jo Ni Harsha|
Sri Vidya Pictures
News is a 2005 Indian Kannada-language drama film directed and written by M. K. Maheshwar. The film stars Upendra along with Reemma Sen and Renuka Menon in the lead roles. The film was produced by Sri Vidya Pictures. Both Reema Sen and Renuka Menon made their Kannada debut through this film.
The film released on 4 August 2005 to generally positive reviews from critics. However, the film failed commercially at the box-office. The critics commented that the plot elements of the movie had loose similarities with Malayalam movies like Iyer the Great and New Delhi.
- Upendra as Guru
- Reemma Sen as Pooja
- Renuka Menon as Divya
- Nassar as Devaraj, editor of Number 1, a newspaper
- Tennis Krishna as Gopala, film director
- Ashok as editor of Super News
- Avinash as Umesh
- Bank Janardhan as Gopala's father
- Anantha Velu as J. J. Patil
- Mandeep Roy as a doctor
- Bhagya Shree
- K. V. Manjaiah
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Naanu Jeetendra"||V. Manohar||Gurukiran, Sadhana Sargam|
|2.||"Good Morning"||Kaviraj||Udit Narayan, Chitra Sivaraman|
|3.||"Gira Gira"||Kaviraj||KK, Priyadarshini|
|4.||"Munjaneya"||Kaviraj||Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal|
|5.||"Munjaneya-2"||Kaviraj||Shael Oswal, Shreya Ghoshal|
|6.||"Bombayee"||Gurukiran||Chaitra H. G.|
A critic from The Hindu wrote that "Vidya Pictures' maiden venture News is a welcome departure from the regular Kannada film narratives both in content and narrative mode". A critic from Rediff.com wrote that "Directed by story writer-turned-director Maheshwar, News has an interesting plot. The film's narration in the opening sequences is tight and helps build curiosity. Somewhere down the line, however, the director loses track". A critic from Indiaglitz wrote that "You will enjoy "News very much if you are a die hard Upendra fan. But if you look at the film objectively, it is a film with both positive and negative points and may be okay for one time viewing".
- "News about 'News'". Viggy. 2004. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Movie Review: News". Indiaglitz. 6 August 2005. Archived from the original on 23 May 2006.
- "Preview". Moviebuzz. Archived from the original on 21 December 2004 – via Sify.
- "Songs". Archived from the original on 16 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Rao, K. N. Venkatasubba (7 August 2005). "A welcome departure from the routine stuff". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 23 January 2022. Retrieved 23 January 2022.
- Anuradha, B. (9 August 2005). "Upendra's top class in News". Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2014.