News Xchange is an annual conference for the international broadcast news industry. The event is run on a not-for-profit basis and is underwritten by Eurovision, which runs the global Eurovision Network as the operations department of the European Broadcasting Union. Each year the event lasts for two days and is sponsored by a range of organizations involved in news broadcasting around the world.
News Xchange locations
News Xchange 2002, Ljubljana, Slovenia
News Xchange 2003, Budapest, Hungary
News Xchange 2004, Vilamoura, Portugal 
News Xchange 2005, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
News Xchange 2006, Istanbul, Turkey
News Xchange 2007, Berlin, Germany
News Xchange 2008, Valencia, Spain
News Xchange 2009, Valletta, Malta
News Xchange 2010 is to be held in Athens, Greece
News Xchange purpose
The main purpose of the event is the discussion of issues currently affecting broadcast journalists and editors around the world. News Xchange attracts contributions from prominent figures from the broadcast news industry as well as politicians, opinion formers and other important individuals.
Distinction from News Exchanges
The News Xchange conference (which has no 'E' at the start of Xchange) is distinct from Eurovision News Exchanges (with an 'E'); though the two are sometimes confused. Daily News Exchanges are organized by Eurovision on behalf of members of the European Broadcasting Union. News Xchange conference has no direct connection with these Exchanges and is open to all organizations and individuals involved in broadcast news.
- "The News Xchange - Nordvision". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "EBU list - EBU". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX03 - Canada Ifex". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX04 - Canada Ifex". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX05 - News Xchange". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX06 - News Xchange". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX07 - News Xchange". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "NX08 - News Xchange". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "News safety conference heading to Malta – IFEX". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "News Xchange". Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "UNDERCOVER JOURNALISM AND HIDDEN CAMERAS: THE NEW GADGETS AND THE NEW EDITORIAL CHALLENGES - Donal Macintyre". Retrieved 2008-08-06.[dead link]
- "News Xchange, A good conference - Richard Sambrook". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "News Xchange: a gem of a conference - Mike Mullane". Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "News Xchange: New media; better democracy? - Jemima Kiss". The Guardian. London. 2006-11-03. Retrieved 2008-08-06.