|Key people||Viola Riabo, Director of Business Operations
Evann Gastaldo, Managing Editor
|Slogan(s)||"Read less, know more"|
|Alexa rank||6,669 (May 2015[update])|
|Type of site||News aggregation website|
The New York Times newspaper threatened legal action against Newser for trademark infringement and posting a photograph without permission.
Editor-in-Chief Caroline Miller left the organization at the end of August 2010. Michael Wolff was named editorial director of AdweekMedia on October 4, 2010. Patrick Spain stepped down as CEO on October 18, 2010.
"Newser by Users" was a feature from 2010 to 2012, which allowed users to write and upload stories directly to the Newser website without editorial review.
"Off The Grid" was an occasional Newser blog by founder Michael Wolff that was written between 2008 and 2010.
- 1,937,759 Monthly Uniques (US)
- 1,595,018 Unique Visitors (US)
- "Newser.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- Wolff, Michael (5 January 2012). "Why I love Fox News". Retrieved 22 March 2015.
I came to be in possession of this curious information: while all of my fellow liberals believed Ailes to be a brute and a bully, I knew him to be whip-smart, witty, flirtatious, companionable and, as it happens, generous, too … Once, he offered to hire me as a Fox business-news commentator, if that's what I wanted, but counselled that, if I worked for Fox News, I was never likely to be hired by the liberal outlets to which I was more naturally suited.
- Salon.com Merger Talks Collapse - February 28, 2011
- Seward, Zachary (25 February 2009). "NYT threatens news aggregator over use of logo; Newser’s reply: 'I'll put a skull and crossbones in its place'". NiemanLab. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Davis, Wendy (9 April 2010). "Newser To The Wrap: 'We Don't Owe You Squat'". MediaPost. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Krakauer, Steve (11 April 2010). "Michael Wolff To Sharon Waxman: "Man Up And Sue Us, Any Time"". Mediaite. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Blodget, Henry (2010-01-01). "Here’s Why Dilbert Loves Newser". Newser. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Moses, Lucia. "AWM Names Michael Wolff Editorial Director". Adweek. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Newser Appoints Elisabeth Demarse as CEO" (Press release). Prweb.com. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- What's new on Newser? - October 30, 2008
- Michael Wolff Launches 'Newser By Users' Grid: 'Rupert Murdoch's Worst Nightmare' - March 17, 2010
- Why did Newser’s traffic fall off a cliff? - August 21, 2009
- Quantcast profile for Newser
- Site Profile for newser.com