Type of site
|Available in||Russian, Ukrainian|
|Launched||August 28, 2000|
|1,329 (April 2014[update])|
NEWSru is one of the Russian online news sites. Originally it functioned as NTV's website under the address ntv.ru. The site remains part of Vladimir Gusinsky's media holding that includes a satellite TV broadcast company RTVi.
Yelena Bereznitskaya-Bruni replaced the initial Editor in Chief Igor Barchugov in 2001. The network has a head office in Moscow, Russia and two foreign posts. The network set up editorial offices in Israel and Ukraine.
Besides the basic site, the NEWSru service owns a number of special interest news sites.
- "Newsru.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Yulikova, Maria (February 2008). "My Media". Index on Censorship 37 (1): 179–182. doi:10.1080/03064220701882772. Archived from the original on 2009-09-01.
- "NTV.ru server revealed" (in Russian). Netoscope. 2000-08-28. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- Khaitina, Natalia (2000-08-28). "NTV.ru site opened before the target date" (in Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- Khaitina, Natalia (2001-04-16). "NTV and NTV.ru — two big differences" (in Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on 2005-12-23.
- Khaitina, Natalia (2001-04-19). "NTV.ru left Ostankino" (in Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- Goncharov, Konstantin (2002-10-18). "NTVRU.com changes the name" (in Russian). Compulenta.
- "Update your "Favourites". The new name of our site is NEWSru.com" (in Russian). NEWSru.com. 2002-10-23.
- "Presidential elections 2004 - Media". BalticData.info. Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- NEWSru.com (Russian)