Newton Game Dynamics
This article relies excessively on references to primary sources. (January 2011)
|Original author(s)||Julio Jerez & Alain Suero|
3.14c / May 3, 2020
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone OS, Linux|
|Website||Newton Game Dynamics Homepage|
Newton Game Dynamics is an open-source physics engine for realistically simulating rigid bodies in games and other real-time applications. Its solver is deterministic and not based on traditional LCP or iterative methods.
Newton Game Dynamics is actively developed by Julio Jerez. Currently a new version which will take advantage of multi-core CPUs and GPUs is being developed.
Games that used Newton
This is a select list of games using Newton Game Dynamics.
- Amnesia: Rebirth
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- b4n92uid theBall
- City Bus Simulator
- Future Pinball – a 3D pinball editing and gaming application
- Mount & Blade
- Nicktoons Winners Cup Racing
- Overclocked: A History of Violence
- Penumbra: Overture
- Penumbra: Black Plague
- Penumbra: Requiem
- Steam Brigade
Engines which incorporated Newton
A list of game engines using Newton Game Dynamics:
- HPL Engine 1, 2, and 3
- ^ Newton Game Dynamics at GitHub
- ^ Jerez, Julio (February 15, 2011). "The Newton engine is now open source with a zlib license". Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- ^ "Newton Dynamics • Wrappers, Game engines and Academic projects using Newton".
- ^ "TheBall - Jeu 3D Open-sources". Archived from the original on 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- ^ "Home". futurepinball.com.
- ^ "Physics Engine: Newton Game Dynamics".