Newton Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.37 sq mi (89.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.35 sq mi (89.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||23.6/sq mi (9.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453665|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.37 square miles (89.0 km2), of which 34.35 square miles (89.0 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.09%) is water.
- Union Township (north)
- Marion Township (east)
- Jordan Township (south)
- Iroquois Township, Newton County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Newton County (west)
- Colfax Township, Newton County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Burr Oak, Memory Gardens, bluegrass and Old Settlers.
Newton Township residents are eligible to obtain a free library card from the Jasper County Public Library.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "How do I get a library card?". Jasper County Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.