Newyddion 9 titles
|Running time||Main bulletin:
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Original release||1 November 1982 – present|
|Related shows||BBC Wales Today
ITV News Cymru Wales
The main evening programme is broadcast each weekday evening between 9 pm and 9:30 pm, with shorter editions airing at varying times on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
In 2009, a new service of short weekday bulletins were introduced. Five-minute updates air at lunchtime (1:00 pm), mid-afternoon (2:55 pm) and early-evening (6:30 pm).
Dewi Llwyd, who presented the programme for almost 30 years, was dropped from the presentation team in 2013. Having previously been broadcast at 7:30pm, the programme relaunched in its new 9pm slot on 22 April 2013 with Bethan Rhys Roberts and Rhun ap Iorwerth presenting on alternate nights. Mr ap Iorwerth later left the BBC to successfully stand for Plaid Cymru in the Welsh assembly by-election for the seat of Ynys Môn.
S4C weather forecasts are broadcast before or after each bulletin as well as before closedown and produced by Tinopolis in Llanelli.
Newyddion won the 2012 BAFTA Cymru Award for News Coverage for a special programme broadcast from New York to mark the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks.
At the 2013 BAFTA Cymru Awards ceremony Newyddion was mistakenly awarded the News Coverage award. The award was later correctly presented to ITV Cymru Wales.
N.B. Persons marked with an * are also a stand-in presenter/newsreader.
Bethan Rhys Roberts
- Aled Huw
- Rhodri Llwyd
- Jennifer Jones
Mid and West Wales
- "S4C thanks Dewi Llwyd".
- "Newyddion 9 to tell the full story to S4C’s viewers".
- "Plaid Cymru's emphatic Ynys Mon by-election win". BBC News. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "BBC success at Bafta Cymru awards". BBC. 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- arts, Huw Thomas BBC Wales; Correspondent, Media. "Bafta Cymru: Welsh news award given to wrong programme". BBC News. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "Pony chipping legislation concern". BBC News. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-26.
|This Wales-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|