|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||30 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Original release||15 April 2015– 8 October 2016|
Spitting Image (1984–96)|
Dead Ringers (2000–07, 2014—)
Newzoids is a British topical satirical puppet/CGI sketch show that is aired on ITV and is a co-production between Citrus Television and Factory. The show has a similar style of presentation to that of Spitting Image, a show it has been compared to, in that it features comedic satirical scenes that spoof current events at the time of each episode's broadcast, with many well known celebrities of different fields (e.g. politics, entertainment) often portrayed in a satirical fashion, with voices provided by impressionists Jon Culshaw, Debra Stephenson and Lewis MacLeod, all current stars of the similarly-themed BBC Radio 4 comedy Dead Ringers.
All celebrities featured in the show are portrayed through the mixed use of live-action puppets and CGI effects; the puppets are filmed first, with the footage later enhanced with CGI eyes, eyebrows, and mouths.
Those depicted are caricatured. One eye of former UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage's puppet occasionally swivels around, while US President Donald Trump's hair is represented as a cat on his head.
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|1||15 April 2015||20 May 2015||6|
|2||3 September 2016||8 October 2016||6|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2016)
- Styles, Ruth (8 April 2015). "William and Kate's puppet makeover: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge among the royals set to be lampooned in ITV's newest comedy sketch show". Mail Online. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Powell, Emma (7 April 2015). "Newzoids: Katie Hopkins, Kim Kardashian and Benedict Cumberbatch among stars to be savaged in puppet satire". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Cable, Simon (12 April 2015). "Jeremy Clarkson is set for a return to TV but it will certainly be something different". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "@queensheltine Hey @queensheltine,it will be back later in the year, no dates yet but it will be advertised nearer the time". ITV on Twitter. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Newzoids returns for second series". ITV Press Centre. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Heritage, Stuart (16 April 2015). "Newzoids review – no Spitting Image, but a step in the right direction". The Guardian.
- "Newzoids, TV review: A forgettable start - but it was the same for". 15 April 2015.