|Latest release||4.0.3 / 23 September 2014|
NexentaStor is an OpenSolaris or more recently Illumos distribution optimized for virtualization, storage area networks, network-attached storage, and iSCSI or Fibre Channel applications employing the ZFS file system.
Nexenta distributes the operating system as a disk image. The cost of a license is calculated per Terabyte or per server. The Community Edition is available free of charge for users with less than 18 TB of used disk space who deploy the operating system in a non-production environment.
- High Availability
- Active/Active controller with automated failover
- Dynamic disk pools and RAID-Z1, RAID-Z2, RAID-Z3
- Periodic Asynchronous Replication
- Unlimited Snapshots and Clones
- Thin Provisioning
- 100% data integrity by ZFS end to end 256-bit checksum
- ZFS copy on write functionality
- Self-healing mechanism
- Enterprise-grade operating system
- Virtualization Integration
NexentaStor Community Edition includes all the common storage area network features of the production version, but if the amount of disk data addressed by the system exceeds 18 TB, the operating system locks most administration functions.
Features excluded from the Community Edition:
- Auto sync and continuous data protection
- Cloud storage archive
- HA and Cluster software
- Namespace cluster
- Target for virtual logical unit number mapping
- Virtual Machine Direct Connect (VMDC)
- Write once read many (WORM)
- The Nexenta On-line Store. Nexenta.com (2008-11-10). Retrieved on 2011-11-01.
- NexentaStor Project: Community Edition. Nexentastor.org. Retrieved on 2011-11-01.
|This operating system–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|