A Global Office of Nexon in Seoul, South Korea.
|주식회사 넥슨코리아[* South Korean local subsidiary]
|Traded as||TYO: 3659|
|Industry||Game developer and publisher|
Seoul, South Korea
|Founders||Kim Jung Ju and Jake Song|
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
El Segundo, California, USA
Emeryville, California, USA
Shiro Uemura (CFO)
Ji Won Park (Nexon Korea Corp. CEO)
Richard Williams (Nexon America Inc. CEO)
Keunwook (Kenny) Chang (Nexon Europe GmbH CEO)
|Revenue||¥190.263 billion (2015) |
|¥62.290 billion (2015) |
|¥55.132 billion (2015) |
Number of employees
|5,033 (Dec. 2015)|
|Subsidiaries||Nexon Korea Corporation
Nexon America Inc.
Nexon Europe GmbH
Nexon Taiwan Ltd.
Nexon Networks Corporation
NEXON M Inc.
Nexon Communications Co., Ltd.
Lexian Software Development (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Rushmo Co., Ltd.
Neon Studio Corporation
NEXON GT Co., Ltd.
gloops Vietnam Co.,Ltd.
Nexon Space Co., Ltd.
Rushmo America, Inc.
Big Huge Games
Nexon (Korean: 넥슨 Revised: Nekseun ) Co., Ltd. (stylized, trademarked and marketed as NEXON Co., Ltd. (Japanese: 株式会社ネクソン Hepburn: Kabushiki gaisha Nekuson?)) is a global developer and publisher of free-to-play (F2P) PC and mobile online games. Nexon was founded in Seoul in 1994 by Kim Jung Ju and Jake Song. Nexon headquarters is in Tokyo, Japan. Nexon is currently a listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Nexon Group was established in Korea on December 1994. Nexon developed and published its first title, Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds, in 1996, which the company continues to service. Many title releases followed such as Dark Ages: Online Roleplaying, Elemental Saga, QuizQuiz, KartRider, Elancia, and Shattered Galaxy; some of which are maintained by a company spun off of Nexon, Kru Interactive. In 2003, Nexon developed MapleStory in Korea, which later became its one of the most successful titles and has been serviced for more than a decade. The game was localized in many locations such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, North America, Europe, Brazil, and Vietnam. Nexon is also the developer of Dungeon&Fighter, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Neople. Dungeon&Fighter is one of the most popular free-to-play PC online games in China.
Originally founded in Korea, Nexon Co., Ltd. is currently based in Japan and has offices located in Japan, Korea, United States, Europe and Taiwan.
Nexon currently has subsidiaries followings: Nexon Korea Corporation, Nexon America Inc., Nexon Europe GmbH, Nexon Taiwan Ltd., Nexon Networks, NEXON M Inc., Nexon Communications, NEOPLE, NDOORS, Lexian, Rushmo, Rushmo America, Neon Studio, NEXON GT, gloops, COMLIER, gloops Vietnam, Nexon Space, THINGSOFT, Boolean Games, Fantage, Big Huge Games and wellgames.
Nexon went public on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on December 14, 2011 in an initial public offering, the largest in Japan for 2011 and the second largest by a technological company for 2011 worldwide.
Nexon America games
|MapleStory||May 11, 2005 (North America)||Fantasy MMORPG||Wizet||Live||maplestory.nexon.net|
|Mabinogi||March 27, 2002||Fantasy MMORPG||devCAT||Live||mabinogi.nexon.net|
|Combat Arms||July 11, 2008 (North America)||First-person shooter||Doobic Studios||Live||combatarms.nexon.net|
|Vindictus||October 27, 2010 (North America)||Action MMORPG||devCAT||Live||vindictus.com|
|Atlantica Online||March 29, 2011 (North America) (Service Taken Over From Ndoors)||Strategy MMORPG||NDOORS Corporation||Live||atlantica.nexon.net/|
List of PC games
|Game Name||Nexon Korea||Nexon Japan||Nexon America||Nexon Europe|
|Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds
|Legend of Darkness
|Yes||Yes||Closed (Now serviced by KOG Games)||No|
|Dungeon Fighter Online
|Yes||Yes||Closed (Now serviced by Neople)||No|
Known in Asia as Mabinogi: Heroes
|Crazy Shooting Bubble Fighter
|Crazy Arcade BnB
|Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies||No||No||No||Yes
(via the Steam platform)
|War Rock||Moved to
|Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu||No||Yes||No||No|
|Counter-Strike Online 2||Yes||No||No||No|
|FIFA Online 3
|Epic of the Three Kingdoms||Yes||Closed||No||No|
2015 (North America)
(via the Steam platform)
Game Pipeline (In-house and through publishing agreements)
2015 and Beyond
- MapleStory 2 (PC Online)
- Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online (PC Online)
- LawBreakers (PC Online)
- Sudden Attack 2 (PC Online)
- Dirty Bomb (PC Online)
- Peria Chronicles (PC Online)
- Aima (PC Online)
- Hyper Universe (PC Online)
- Tree of Savior (PC Online)
- Ar:pieL (PC Online)
- Legion of Heroes: Raid (Mobile)
- Super Fantasy War (Mobile)
- Mabinogi Duel (Mobile)
- DomiNations (Mobile)
- Monster Squad (Mobile)
- Durango (Mobile)
- Legacy Quest (Mobile)
- Gwanggateo The Great (Mobile)
- Travelers Tales Game (PC Online)
- Hero Sky (Mobile) developed by InnoSpark
- Need For Speed: Edge (PC Online) developed by EA Spearhead
- Online gaming giant Nexon raises $1.2B in Toyko IPO (updated) | GamesBeat. Venturebeat.com (2011-12-13). Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- Kachi, Hiroyuki; Ho, Prudence (December 15, 2011). "IPOs Struggle in Asia". The Wall Street Journal.
- Nathan Layne and Isabel Reynolds (December 5, 2011). "Zynga rival Nexon's Tokyo IPO set at $1.2 billion". Yahoo! News. Archived from the original on December 6, 2011. Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- "Nexon America Second Quarter Revenues Increase 38 Percent over 2010". Business Wire. August 17, 2011. Archived from the original on October 5, 2011. Retrieved October 5, 2011.
- Eric Johnson (February 12, 2014). "Nexon Names New CEO: Ex-EA Exec Owen Mahoney". Re/code.
- Chris Shimamoto (May 15, 2014). "Nexon Surges as Online Game Maker Plans Share Buyback". Bloomberg News.
- Shin Ji-hye (February 13, 2014). "Nexon Korea names Park Ji-won as CEO". The Korea Herald.
- Dean Takahashi (September 22, 2014). "Nexon reassigns its top American brass to deal with star developers". VentureBeat.
- Jason Imms (October 9, 2014). "Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies launches is a mod for CS1.6, we think?". games.on.net.
- "Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2015 [IFRS]" (PDF). Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- "Nexon Co. Ltd.Nexon Co. Ltd.". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Nexon Co Ltd (3659:Tokyo)". Bloomberg Businessweek. December 21, 2014.
- "Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2014" (PDF). IRPocket. February 12, 2015.
- Bruce Einhorn (August 21, 2014). "Nexon, Asia's 'Freemium' PC Game Pioneer, Gets More Mobile". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Bruce Einhorn. "What is Nexus?". Nexus Atlas. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Nexon Holdings history". KoreanGameWatch.com. Archived from the original on October 5, 2011. Retrieved October 5, 2011.
- "Kru Interactive Profile". Kru Interactive. Archived from the original on September 30, 2011. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- John Gaudiosi (May 23, 2012). "Nexon Celebrates Seventh Anniversary Of MapleStory Game With Continued Success". Forbes.
- "Nexon Holdings(NXC)". Korea Game Watch. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Maplestory". Nexon Korea Corporation. Archived from the original on June 28, 2011. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Forbes Staff (April 24, 2013). "What Next for Kim Jung-Ju and Korean Online Gaming Company Nexon?". Forbes.
- Lulu Yilun Chen and Jungah Lee (May 28, 2014). "Tencent $1 Billion Game Shows Global Hunt for Mobile Hits". Bloomberg News.
- Xu Lin (February 7, 2014). "Top 10 free online games with highest revenues". China.org.cn.
- "PINX:NEXOF Nexon Co Ltd Annual Report". Morningstar, Inc. December 31, 2013.
- Kyt Dotson (December 7, 2014). "Despite Setbacks Nexon Sets $1.2 billion IPO for Dec. 14". SiliconANGLE.
- "Nexon acquires DomiNations developer Big Huge Games". VentureBeat. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Leigh Alexander (2008-01-16). "Nexon Announces Mabinogi". Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Combat Arms. Combatarms.nexon.net. Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- [VIN] Vindictus to Officially Launch October 27 | The msupdate Blog. Msupdate.wordpress.com (2010-10-19). Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 14, 2011. Retrieved March 9, 2011.
- Aeria, Nexon reach agreement over future Shaiya operations. Gamasutra (2012-03-14). Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- Michael McWhertor (October 7, 2014). "The weird, free-to-play, zombie-filled Counter-Strike is out on Steam". Polygon.
- IGN Staff (June 4, 2008). "Dekaron Coming Soon to Southeast Asia". IGN.
- "Lost Saga". Nexon Europe. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- "Epic of the Three Kingdoms". NEXON. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Tales Runner". NEXON. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Korean Anime Action MOARPG Closers First Closed Beta Comes This August". 2P. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Ashar Ahmad (December 1, 2014). "MapleStory 2 Gets a Cinematic Trailer, Scheduled to Release in 2015". Segment Next.
- "Q3 2014 Earnings Call" (PDF). NEXON. November 13, 2014.
- Kim Jung-Yoon. "G-Star 2014 powering up in Busan". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- Ollie Barder (November 20, 2014). "'Ghost In The Shell Online' FPS Finally Revealed". Forbes.
- Prescott, Shaun. "First Assault is a free-to-play Ghost in the Shell FPS coming soon". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- Matthew Kato (July 4, 2014). "Cliff Bleszinski Returns With Boss Key Productions". Game Informer. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Yoon Sung-won (November 20, 2014). "Online games prevail at G-Star 2014". The Korea Times.
- Jenna Pitcher (May 22, 2014). "Extraction renamed Dirty Bomb, beta registrations open". Polygon.
- "Nexon Korea revealed upcoming games in G-Star 2014". YuushaExa.com. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- Eugene (August 30, 2014). "This SRPG Might Look Like Disgaea But It's Not". silonera.
- Eddie Makuch (October 27, 2014). "Civilization, Rise of Nations Designer Revives Big Huge Games, Announces New Title". GameSpot.
- Arthur Gies (February 9, 2015). "Evolve Review: Monster Squad". Polygon.
- Justin Olivetti (May 28, 2014). "Meet Durango, Nexon's dino survival MMO". Joystiq.
- Dean Takahashi (May 27, 2014). "Nexon partners with Austrian game developer Socialspiel Entertainment to firm up its Western mobile efforts". VentureBeat.
- 김미희 기자 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-08-12). "넥슨 모바일 '히어로스카이' 구글 플레이 순위 고공행진 게임메카, 대한민국 1등 인터넷 게임신문". Imbc.gamemeca.com. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- (Japanese)/(English) Nexon Corporation website