NextMedia Group is an out-of-home media company headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado. NextMedia owns and operates 33 AM and FM stations, 5,700 outdoor advertising display across several regions and markets, as well as an interactive division.
The Company failed to offer shares to investors in 2003, and stopped reporting its quarterly financial reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission during the third quarter of 2003, at which time it reported a long term debt obligation of some 300 million dollars; 200 million dollars of long term debt was refinanced in 2006. Co Founder of the Company, Carl Hirsch, left in 2007 to become a founding partner of GoodRadio LLC based in West Palm Beach, FL . NextMedia Group is now owned by several private equity firms.
NextMedia Group filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on December 21, 2009, which transfers 95% of equity in the company to second-lien holders.
On May 27, 2010 NextMedia emerged from Chapter 11 Bankrucy protection.
On October 10, 2013, NextMedia Group announced all 33 of their radio stations, and presumably NextMedia 360, had been sold to Dean Goodman's Digity, LLC. The transaction was consummated on February 10, 2014, at a purchase price of $85 million.
Former radio stations
Stations are listed by state and market below. Station self-designated titles are denoted in quotations where applicable followed by actual cities of license and format in parentheses followed by frequency and effective radiated power. For AM stations, both daytime and nighttime power are listed.
- KBAY (San Jose, Adult Contemporary) - 94.5 MHz, 44 kW
- KEZR (San Jose, Hot Adult Contemporary) - 106.5 MHz, 42 kW
- WERV "95.9 The River" (Aurora, Classic Hits) - 95.9 MHz, 3 kW
- WCCQ (Crest Hill, Country) - 98.3 MHz, 3 kW
- WJOL (Joliet, News/Talk/Sports) - 1340 kHz, 1/1 kW
- WSSR "Star 96.7" (Joliet, Hot AC) - 96.7 MHz, 3.5 kW
- WRXQ (Coal City, Classic Rock) - 100.7 MHz, 2.45 kW
- WKRS (ESPN DEPORTES 1220, Waukegan, Spanish Sports/Talk) - 1220 kHz, 1/0.09 kW
- WXLC (102.3 WXLC Waukegan, Hot AC) - 102.3 MHz, 3 kW
- WCEN 94.5 the Moose www.945themoose.com (Hemlock, Country) - 94.5 MHz, 100 kW
- WGER Mix 106.3 www.mix1063fm.com (Saginaw, Hot Adult Contemporary)- 106.3 MHz, 4 kW
- WSGW NewsRadio 790 WSGW www.wsgw.com (Saginaw, News/Talk)- 790 kHz, 5/1 kW
- WSGW-FM Talk and Sports 100.5 www.fmtalk1005.com (Carrollton, News, Talk, Fox Sports)100.5 MHz, 3 kW
- WTLZ Hot 107 www.hotwtlz.com (Saginaw, Urban AC)107.1 MHz, 4.9 kW
- WANG (Havelock, Standards) - 1330 kHz, 1/ kW
- WQSL (Jacksonville, Country) - 92.3 MHz, 22.5 kW (WQSL and WQZL currently simulcast)
- WQZL (Belhaven, Country) - 101.1 MHz, 31 kW (WQSL and WQZL currently simulcast)
- WXQR (Jacksonville, Active Rock) - 105.5 MHz, 19 kW
- WRNS (Kinston, Country) - 960 kHz, 5/1 kW (WRNS and WRNS-FM currently simulcast)
- WRNS-FM (Kinston, Country) - 95.1 MHz, 100 kW (WRNS and WRNS-FM currently simulcast)
- WERO (Washington, Contemporary Hit Radio) - 93.3 MHz, 100 kW
- WHBC News/Talk 1480 WHBC www.whbc.com (Canton, News/Talk) - 1480 kHz, 15/5 kW
- WHBC-FM Mix 94.1 www.mix941.com (Canton, Hot Adult Contemporary) - 94.1 MHz, 45 kW
- WKZQ-FM (Forestbrook, Alternative rock) - 96.1 MHz, 100 kW
- WMYB (Myrtle Beach, CHR) - 92.1 MHz, 94 kW
- WRNN (Myrtle Beach, Sports) - 1450 kHz, 1/1 kW
- WRNN-FM (Socastee, News/Talk) - 99.5 MHz, 21.5 kW
- WYAV (Myrtle Beach, Classic Rock) - 104.1 kHz, 100 kW
- KMKT (Bells, Country) - 93.1 MHz, 6.8 kW
- KLAK (Tom Bean, Adult Contemporary) - 97.5 MHz, 32 kW
- KMAD-FM (Whitesboro, Classic Rock) - 102.5 MHz, 18 kW
- "NextMedia Group Sold To Digity". All Access. 20 October 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2014.