Next Generation poets (2014)
Next Generation poets (2014) are a list of poets named in 2014 by a panel for the Poetry Book Society, which once every ten years selects 20 poets "expected to dominate the poetry landscape of the coming decade". The accolade highlights emerging poets in the UK and Ireland who published a first collection of poetry within the previous decade.
The judges who compiled the list were: poet and broadcaster Ian McMillan (chair), poet and playwright Caroline Bird; Robert Crawford, from the 1994 New Generation Poets list; poet Clare Pollard; and Paul Farley, one of 2004's Next Generation Poets list. The British Council collaborated with the Poetry Book Society on an international showcase of the chosen poets.
The Next Generation 2014 list comprises:
- "Next Generation Poets 2014", Poetry Book Society.
- Alison Flood, "‘Next Generation’ of 20 hotly-tipped poets announced by Poetry Book Society", The Guardian, 11 September 2014.
- Sarah Shaffi, "Twenty 'Next Generation Poets' of the decade named", The Bookseller, 11 September 2014.
- "UK Next Generation Poets: International Showcase", British Council, 2015–2016.
- Official website
- Charlotte Runcie, "Is this really poetry's next generation?" The Telegraph, 11 September 2014.
|This poetry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|