Next of Kin (1982 film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Next of Kin|
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Tony Williams|
|Produced by||Robert Le Tet|
|Written by||Michael Heath
|Music by||Klaus Schulze|
|Edited by||Max Lemon|
Linda (Kerin) inherits a retirement home called Montclare, a foreboding but apparently harmless place. While on a trip home to settle her deceased mother's estate, strange deaths begin to occur in the home. Eventually, Linda uncovers her mother's diary, which details identical events that occurred twenty years earlier.
- Jacki Kerin as Linda Stevens
- John Jarratt as Barney
- Alex Scott as Dr. Barton
- Gerda Nicolson as Connie
- Charles McCallum as Lance
- Bernadette Gibson as Mrs. Ryan/Rita
- Robert Ratti as Kelvin
- Vince Deltito as Nico
- Tommy Dysart as Harry
- Debra Lawrance as Carol
- Matt Burns as Mr. Collins
- Kristina Marshall as Linda Stevens (age 4)
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)|
Despite no Rotten Tomatoes approval rating Next of Kin currently has a 62% audience score. The film's pacing and atmosphere have been compared to that of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining.
(1982 Australian Film Institute Awards)
|Best Editing||Max Lemon||Nominated|
|Mystfest||Special Mention||Tony Williams||Won|
|Sitges Film Festival||Clavell de Plata Daurada for Best Director||Won|
- "Australian Films at the Australian Box Office" Film Victoria accessed 14 November 2012
- "Next of Kin". The New York Times.
- "Next of Kin Details". The New York Times.
- Stratton, David (1990). The Avocado Plantation: Boom and Bust in the Australian Film Industry. Pan Macmillan. p. 300.
- "Next of Kin". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Next of Kin at the Internet Movie Database
- Next of Kin at Australian Screen Online
- Next of Kin at Oz Movies
|This article about a 1980s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|