Nexus (student magazine)
Logo of Nexus Magazine
|Managing Editor||James Raffan|
|Student Editor||Rachael Elliott|
|Student Editor||Alix Higby|
|Former editors||Arthur Robinson|
History and profile
Nexus was established more than forty years ago and now has an advertised circulation of 5000 weekly. It is published throughout the academic year in the form of a full colour magazine and is also made available on the WSU website.
The magazine has experienced hard times due to its controversial content. In 2003 the advertisement of the magazine, "Nexus, Funnier than Porn", caused criticism. In 2009 Joshua Drummond, editor of Nexus, published satirical articles on abortion and sex with infants. He was then asked to apologize publicly.
Former editors of Nexus have included Nandor Tanczos, Carl Watkins, Dawn Tuffery, Rosalind Case, Josh Drummond, Arthur Robinson and Anthony Hiron. Rosalind Case won Best Editorial Writer at the 2007 Aotearoa Student Press Association (ASPA) awards.
- "Other Students' Associations". Waikato University. 2 February 2016.
- "Nexus 2008 advertising rate card" (PDF).
- "Waikato Result Welcomed". 20 October 2000.
- "Jensen v Clark" (PDF). Defamation Update. 1982. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Elizabeth Binning (9 September 2003). "Student magazine's porn ad in firing line". NZ Herald. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Nicola Brennan (14 October 2009). "Waikato University magazine in kid-sex blunder". Waikato Times. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
|This New Zealand–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.