|Full name||Ney Franco da Silveira Júnior|
|Date of birth||July 22, 1966|
|Place of birth||Vargem Alegre, Brazil|
Ney Franco da Silveira Júnior, better known as Ney Franco is a Brazilian football manager, who was born July 22, 1966 in Ipatinga, MG. On July 11, 2008, he was hired by Botafogo to assume their vacancy as manager. On August 10, 2009 Franco was fired as coach of Botafogo because of bad results. One day later he was hired as coach.
Exactly one year after his signing, Franco was dismissed by directors of club. The former manager of Tricolor let Brazilian side winning 59% of points disputed by São Paulo. For game against rival Santos FC, on July 7, Milton Cruz will coach the players. According to Adalberto Baptista, director of club, 2012 "was a very competent year. [The club] had a good campaign, won Copa Sudamericana. [Franco] has shown competency, but unfortunately we know in football results carry from heaven to hell. For this, we have decided to dismiss him."
Franco, for his way, has shown a little disappointment with Paulo Henrique Ganso, that is playing a bad football for club, and believes that his dismissed was caused because of the elimination of São Paulo in Libertadores, against Atlético Mineiro, another Brazilian side.
In 2013 Ney Franco coached Vitória finishing the Brazilian league Campeonato Brasileiro Série Ain 5th, almost taking the club to Copa Libertadores. He still remains with Vitória in 2014. Leaving the red-black Bahia in May 2014 and that same year hit his return to the command of Flamengo.
- Campeonato Mineiro: 2005
- 2011 South American Youth Championship
- 2011 Mediterranean International Football Cup
- 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- 2012 8 Nations International Tournament
- "Ney Franco assume comando do Botafogo" (in Portuguese). Terra. July 11, 2008. Retrieved July 11, 2008.
- "Ney Franco é o técnico da Seleção Brasileira Sub-20 e coordenador das seleções de base" (in Portuguese). CBF. September 23, 2010. Archived from the original on September 26, 2010. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "São Paulo anuncia contratação do técnico Ney Franco - NE10". ne10.uol.com.br. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Diretoria demite Ney Franco do São Paulo e fala em ano "altamente competente"". Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Ney diz que queda na Libertadores foi estopim para saída e crê que Ganso não rendeu". Retrieved March 29, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ney Franco.|