October 19, 1983 |
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (194 lb; 13.9 st)|
|Club||Ankara Demir Spor|
|Coached by||Osman Nuri Vural|
Nezir Sağır (born October 19, 1983 in Isperih, Bulgaria) is a Turkish weightlifter competing in the –85 kg division. The 1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) tall athlete at 88 kg (194 lb; 13.9 st) is a member of Ankara Demir Spor, where he is coached by Osman Nuri Vural.
He was born in Bulgaria to parents of Turkish ethnicity. The family emigrated in 1989 to Turkey, settled first in the Batıkent neighborhood of Yenimahalle, Ankara, and moved later to Pursaklar, Ankara. He began in 1994 with weightlifting in Pursaklar. Nezir Sağır is the older brother of Olympic, world and European weightlifting champion Taner Sağır.
He participated at the 2012 Summer Olympics. He was included into the Turkish Olympics team as a placeholder after European champion in the -85 kg division Fatih Baydar tested positive in a doping check made on July 3, of which result was notified on July 23, shortly before the departure of the Turkish athletes to London.
- "Nezir Sagir". Londorn 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Türk Sporcular 2012 Londra Olimpiyatlarında-Halter-Nezir Sağır" (in Turkish). GSB. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Taner Sağır: Olimpiyatlar her şeyi değiştirdi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2008-12-09. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Fatih Baydar ve İbrahim Arat kadrodan çıkarıldı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2012-07-26. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Official Result Weightlifting Men 85 Kg". The 3rd Islamic Solidarity Games. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|