Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
|Ng Teng Fong General Hospital |
Hospital Besar Ng Teng Fong (Malay)
ங் டெங் போங் பொது மருத்துவமனை (Tamil)
|National University Health System|
|Location||1 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609606, Singapore, Singapore|
|Hospital type||District General|
|Emergency department||Yes Accident & Emergency|
|Founded||30 June 2015|
|Lists||Hospitals in Singapore|
Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (Abbreviation: NTFGH) is a 700-bed hospital located in Jurong East, Singapore. Named after Singaporean entrepreneur, Ng Teng Fong, the hospital is part of an integrated development together with the adjoining Jurong Community Hospital. It began operations on 30 June 2015 after JurongHealth's move from Alexandra Hospital and was officially opened on 10 October 2015.
Construction of the hospital started in 2012 and had cost about SGD 635 million to build. The hospital was planned together with the Jurong Community Hospital to cater to the residents living in the Western part of Singapore and it will comprise 8 levels of specialist clinics upon completion.
Delay in completion
The completion of the hospital was delayed by 6 months due to problems with the production of materials needed for the exterior of the hospital. Due to the delay, Alexandra Hospital, which was due to close temporarily for renovation once the hospital is completed, remained operational till construction of the hospital is complete. Later, it was announced that the hospital would open on June 30, 2015.
The hospital commenced operations on 30 June 2015.
On 10 October 2015, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, along with Jurong Community Hospital, was officially opened at JurongHealth's Health Carnival, by guest-of-honour Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
- "Our Milestones". www.ntfgh.com.sg. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- hermes. "Ng Teng Fong hospital opening ahead of schedule". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- "Ng Teng Fong General Hospital & Jurong Community Hospital". CGP Consultants. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Ng Teng Fong General Hospital delayed by 6 months". Today. 16 August 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Ng Teng Fong General Hospital project". Ministry of Health. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Ng Teng Fong General Hospital opening delayed by issues with exterior works: MOH". Channel News Asia. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- Khalik, Salma (29 April 2015). "Ng Teng Fong General Hospital to open on June 30". The Straits Times. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
|This article about a hospital in Singapore is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|