Ngari Capes Marine Park
|Ngari Capes Marine Park|
|Nearest town or city|
|Established||12 June 2012|
|Area||1,237.9 km2 (478.0 sq mi)|
|Website||Ngari Capes Marine Park|
|See also||List of protected areas of|
The Ngari Capes Marine Park is a marine protected area on the lower south west coast of Western Australia, located approximately 250 kilometres (160 mi) south of . The 123,790-hectare (305,900-acre) marine park was gazetted on 12 June 2012 and the park's western and southern boundaries are the limit of coastal waters of Western Australia, abutting the South-west Corner Marine Park located within the Australian Commonwealth exclusive economic zone.
The largest sanctuary zones are East Geographe, Eagle Bay, Cape Naturaliste, Injidup, Cape Freycinet, Cape Leeuwin and East Flinders Bay. From the north to the south, some of the special sanctuary zones within the park are East Geographe, Central Geographe Bay, Eagle Bay, Eagle Bay Special Purpose Zone (shore-based activities), Cape Naturaliste, and Windmills Special Purpose Zone (SPZ) (surfing).
- East Geographe Bay Sanctuary Zone
- Busselton Jetty Sanctuary Zone
- Central Geographe Bay Sanctuary Zone
- Eagle Bay Sanctuary and Special purpose zones
- Cape Naturaliste Sanctuary zone
- Windmills SPZ (Special Purpose zone)
- Three Bears SPZ
- Yallingup SPZ and Sanctuary zones
- Wyadup Sanctuary Zone (also known as Wyadup rocks, Wyadup beach, and Wyadup bay)
- Injidup Sanctuary Zone (adjacent to Cape Clairault)
- Moses Rock SPZ
- Goannas SPZ
- Moses Beach SPZ
- Gallows/Guillotine SPZ
- Cowaramup Bay Recreation zone
- Lefthanders SPZ
- Kilcarnup Sanctuary Zone
- Margaret River SPZ
- Redgate SPZ
- Cape Freycinet Sanctuary zone
- Hamelin Bay Recreation and Sanctuary zones
- Cosy Corner SPZ and Sanctuary zones
- Cape Leeuwin Sanctuary Zone
- Flinders Island Sanctuary Zone
- East Flinders Bay Sanctuary Zone
- Integrated Marine and Coastal Regionalisation of Australia
- Protected areas of Western Australia
- Surfing locations in the Capes region of South West Western Australia
- Nari Capes Marine Park management plan 2013–2023, Management plan number 74 (PDF). Department of Environment and Conservation (PDF). Perth: Government of Western Australia. January 2013. ISSN 2200-9973. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Ngari Capes Marine Park a Step Closer" (Press release). Department of Environment and Conservation, Government of Western Australia. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Australia's Maritime Jurisdiction off Southwestern Western Australia" (PDF). Geoscience Australia. Department of the Environment, Australian Government.
- "HMAS Swan (III)". Royal Australian Navy. Australian Government. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Fisheries - Oceans" (PDF). UWA Oceans Institute (PDF). University of Western Australia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2013.
- Regarding plans for an early road into this area for tourism, see "AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER ROAD BOARD". The South-Western News. Western Australia. 26 July 1940. p. 3. Retrieved 14 February 2020 – via Trove.