Ngau Tam Mei
Ngau Tam Mei (Chinese: 牛潭尾; literally: "Ox Pool End"), also known as Yau Tam Mei (攸潭尾), is a suburb located at Yuen Long at the New Territories, a place where the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link may pass by in the future. It is located at the east of Fairview Park, the north of San Tin village and Kai Kung Leng, the northwest of Lam Tsuen Country Park, and also at the northeast of Nam Sang Wai.
Since there is no MTR stations in Ngau Tam Mei, people living in Ngau Tam Mei mainly travel on minibuses, buses and also on bicycle. There are three main roads in Ngau Tam Mei, which are: Ngau Tam Mei Road, San Tin Highway and Castle Peak Road. Moreover, a proposed railway station, namely Ngau Tam Mei Station, may be built in Ngau Tam Mei in the future to serve the local residents.
The Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link Hong Kong section which is currently under construction will pass through Ngau Tamn Mei. In addition, an Ngau Tam Mei Station is also proposed as an intermediate station of the MTR Northern Link provided that significant development can be seen in the surrounding areas.
- This article draws some information from the corresponding article in Chinese Wikipedia.
- "Express Railway Link - Yuen Long District - Progress Update". Hong Kong: MTR. 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- 牛潭尾的本土鄉愁 (in Chinese). Hong Kong: Independent Media. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Approved Ngau Tam Mei Outline Zoning" (PDF). The Town Planning Board. The Hong Kong Government. December 2006. p. 3. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "legislative council brief - northern link and Hong Kong section of Guangzhou – Shenzhen – Hong Kong express rail link" (PDF). Hong Kong: Hong Kong Legislative Council. 17 January 2006. p. 2. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ngau Tam Mei.|
|This Hong Kong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|