Nghệ An Province
|Nghệ An Province
Tỉnh Nghệ An
Location of Nghệ An within Vietnam
|Region||North Central Coast|
|• People's Council Chair||Trần Hồng Châu|
|• People's Committee Chair||Nguyen Duc Vinh|
|• Total||16,490.0 km2 (6,366.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|• Ethnicities||Vietnamese, Khơ Mú, Thai, Thổ, H'Mông|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
|ISO 3166 code||VN-22|
Nghệ An (Vietnamese: [ŋêˀ ʔaːn] ( listen)) is a province in the North Central Coast region of Vietnam. It is Vietnam's largest province by area. Nghe An is located in latitude 180 33 'to 200 01' north latitude, longitude 1030 52 'to 1050 48' east longitude, in the central position of North Central of Vietnam. The east borders the sea, the west is bordered by the Lao PDR, the south borders Ha Tinh province, the north is Thanh Hoa province. Located in the east-west economic corridor connecting Myanmar - Thailand - Laos - Vietnam along Highway 7 to Cua Lo port. Nghe An has one city, three towns and 17 districts. In particular, Vinh City is a grade 1 city, the economic and cultural center of the province and the whole North Central Region. See Vinh more details.
Nghệ An is subdivided into 21 district-level sub-divisions:
- 1 provincial city: Vinh (capital)
- 3 district-level towns: Cửa Lò, Thái Hòa, Hoàng Mai
- 17 districts:Anh Sơn, Con Cuông, Diễn Châu, Đô Lương, Hưng Nguyên, Kỳ Sơn, Nam Đàn, Nghi Lộc, Nghĩa Đàn, Quế Phong, Quỳ Châu, Quỳ Hợp, Quỳnh Lưu, Tân Kỳ, Thanh Chương, Tương Dương, Yên Thành
They are further subdivided into 17 commune-level towns (or townlets), 431 communes, and 32 wards.
Nghe An has a total forest land area of 972,910.52 ha. Of which, production forest is 501,634.85 hectares, protection forest is 302,068.47 hectares, special-use forest is 169,207.2 hectares. With a total reserve of about 50 million cubic meters, over 1,000 million of bamboo trees are a significant source of raw materials for forestry exploitation and the development of forest-based industries. Nghe An has 82 km long coastline with an area of 4,230 nautical miles per square foot, along the coast has 6 creeks, over 3,000 ha of saltwater and brackish water, and 12,000 ha of freshwater and brackish water surface. Aquaculture development and processing. Nghe An has a large reserves of some minerals, especially minerals used for the production of construction materials such as limestone for cement production of nearly 4 billion tons; White limestone over 900 million tons; Clay for cement materials is over 1.2 billion tons; Clay for high-grade ceramics 5 million m3; Construction stone of 500 million m3; Basalt rock 260 million m3; Paving stones: Granite: 150 million m3, Mable 300 million m3, etc.
Nghe An has six national highways running through the province (NH 1A, NH 15, NH Ho Chi Minh, NH7, NH46, NH48); There is a trans-Asia route from Laos through Thanh Thuy border gate to Cua Lo and Dong Hoi port, along with provincial and district roads to create an interconnected network linking districts and economic zones. Province together and spread out the country as well as countries in the region. - Nghe An has Cua Lo port with the capacity of 3 million tons / year, capable of accommodating 10,000 DWT vessels. Currently, Cua Lo deep-water port has been planned and is being built to accommodate ships of 50,000 DWT- 100,000 DWT. In addition, Dong Hoi dedicated port is being built and capable of receiving 30.000 - 50.000 DWT vessels.
Nghe An has Vinh Airport as the main airport of the North Central region, the fifth most crowded international airport in Vietnam. Currently, at the Vinh airport, Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air and Jetstar Pacific Airlines are operating on average 26 times per day. Of which, Vietnam Airlines is operating four return flights Vinh - Hanoi, Vinh - Ho Chi Minh City, Vinh - Da Nang and Vinh - Vientiane (Laos); VietJet Air is operating the return flights Vinh - Ho Chi Minh City and Vinh - Da Lat; Jestar Pacific is operating the return flight route in Vinh - Ho Chi Minh City, Vinh - Buon Ma Thuot. Nghe An with 94 km of North-South railway. In particular, Ga Vinh is the first class station, the third largest passenger and cargo terminal in the country. In addition, there is Cau Giat - Thai Hoa railway to the western mountainous districts of the province (but it was shut down).
With 419 km of land border with Laos (the longest country), Nghe An has 4 border gates to Laos. Of which, 1 international gate of Nam Can (Ky Son) and 1 national border gate of Thanh Thuy (Thanh Chuong) has been planned as an international border gate and two additional border gates: Thong Thu (Que Phong) and Cao Ou (Anh Son) is a satellite and a hub for import and export activities in the North West, connecting the provinces from the North to the Central provinces of Vietnam with the provinces of Central, Northern Laos, Northeast of Thailand and Myanmar. .
- Cua Lo is a beautiful beach, located about 15km from Vinh city, convenient transportation road, hotel system, rich motel, delicious food and gentle people, plain. Long beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, is located between the tourist-cultural culture of Nghe An. Here there are rich seafood resources, especially with ink and ink known nationwide
- Bai Lu is a place where the sea is deep in the sea, so the sea is clear, can see each small pebble. According to many studies, the water in Bai Lu has a high mineral content because it is located in the sediment of rocks and sea near the mountain so it is good for health. The waves are not too big but gently tap the shore, along with the sandy stretches of gentle, you can comfortably play volleyball, soccer here. So when the afternoon light falls, relax the soul of cycling cycling around Bai Lu dream
- Dien Lam Ecological Park. This project has completed the first phase, wild zoo with nearly 60 species of rare animals in the world are imported and are living here as rhino, tiger, lion, elephant, hippopotamus, giraffes. There are also 5-star Muong Thanh Luxury with 109 rooms, amusement park, water park, pagoda ...
Here, you can visit Nghia Dan Nghe An sunflower field or visit the Son Kim Hot Spring (Huong Son District).
Nghe An is one of the few localities where the Politburo issued a separate resolution on economic and social development, namely Resolution 26. Nghe An is known as a province with great industrial potential in Vietnam, producing cement, sugar, milk, white stones ... leading the country. The major industrial zones of the province are: VSIP (15 km2), Hermaraj (30 km2), Nam Cam (4 km2), Dong Hoi ...
- Statistical Handbook of Vietnam 2014, General Statistics Office Of Vietnam
- Anh Tuấan HoÁng - Silk for Silver: Dutch-Vietnamese Relations, 1637-1700 2007 19 "Shortly after the Mạc usurpation, in 1532, Thanh-Nghệ loyalists began a movement to restore the Lê dynasty, using Thanh Hoá and Nghệ An provinces as a base from which to rival the Mạc in Đông Kinh."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nghe An Province.|
||Houaphanh Province, Laos||Thanh Hóa Province|
|Xiangkhouang Province, Laos||Gulf of Tonkin
|Bolikhamsai Province, Laos||Hà Tĩnh Province|