|Region||Eastern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Ngora is approximately 46 kilometres (29 mi), by road, southeast of Soroti, the largest city in the Teso sub-region. This is approximately 250 kilometres (160 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of the town are 1°27'27.0"N, 33°46'35.0"E (Latitude:1.457500; Longitude:33.776389).
The population census in 2002 put Ngora town's population at 11,333. In April 2013, local authorities estimated the population to be 20,000. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 15,086.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- offices of Ngora Town Council
- Ngora central market
- Ngora Hospital, a 180-bed, community, missionary hospital.
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Soroti And Ngora With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Ngora With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Google (21 July 2015). "Location of Ngora At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Otim, Richard (9 April 2013). "More Than 100 Latrines Destroyed". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 11 April 2014.