|Region||Eastern Region of Uganda|
|• Land||721.4 km2 (278.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|• Density||218.2/km2 (565/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Ngora District is bordered by Soroti District to the northwest, Katakwi District to the northeast, Kumi District to the east, Pallisa District to the south, and Serere District to the west. The district headquarters are located approximately 23 kilometres (14 mi), by road, west of Kumi, the nearest large town. This is approximately 230 kilometres (140 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda. The coordinates of the district are:01 30N, 33 48E.
Ngora District was established on 1 July 2010 by the Ugandan parliament. Before that, it was part of the Kumi District. Ngora District together with Amuria District, Bukedea District, Kaberamaido District, Katakwi District, Kumi District, Serere District, and Soroti District comprise the Teso sub-region, home to an estimated 2.5 million people of Iteso and Kumam ethnicities. Apolot Stella Isodo is the parliamentary Woman representative for Ngora District. Ngora County is the only county in Ngora District represented by Abala David at parliament.
In 1991, the national population census estimated the district population at 59,400. The 2002 national census estimated the population at 101,900. The annual population growth rate in the district has been calculated at 4.5 percent. It has been estimated that the population of Ngora District in 2012 was 157,400.
- "Map Showing Kumi And Ngora With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Ngora With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Location & Size | Ngora District". www.ngora.go.ug. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "National population and housing census 2014 area specific profile" (PDF). 2017.
- Kumi district. "Kumi district local council".
- "establishment of ngora district - Nonya Google". www.google.com. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "Population & Culture | Ngora District". www.ngora.go.ug. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- Uganda investment authority (2016). "Teso investment profile" (PDF). Report: 1–28.
- Independent, The (15 November 2019). "Uganda- Rwanda tensions overshadow debate on EAC integration". The Independent Uganda. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- "Estimated Population of Ngora District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 20 May 2014.