Nguyễn Khoa Nam
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Major General Nguyễn Khoa Nam (23 September 1927 – 30 April 1975), was a native of Đà Nẵng and served in the Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN). He received his primary education at the École des Garçons in Đà Nẵng and graduated in 1939. After joining the French-sponsored Vietnam National Army (VNA), he attended the Thủ Đức Military Academy and graduated in 1953.
As a sub-lieutenant, his (chuan uy's) first assignment was to an airborne unit. He served in various positions within the VNA during the First Indochina War (1953–1955) and joined the Army of the Republic of Vietnam in 1955. He served as a lieutenant in the airborne, a company commander in the 7th Airborne Battalion, a major in command of 5th Airborne Battalion, as lieutenant colonel (and later colonel) of the 3rd Airborne Brigade, as a brigadier general of the 7th Division, and as a major general of IV Corps Tactical Zone.
His numerous decorations include the National Order of Vietnam Fourth Class medal and National Order of Vietnam Third Class medal. On 30 April 1975, with the Fall of Saigon, rather than fleeing the country or surrendering, General Nam and his deputy commander, General Lê Văn Hưng shot themselves dead. General Nam was buried at Cần Thơ Military Cemetery the following day.
- Nguyễn Khoa Nam's Official site
- VNAF The South Vietnamese Air Force - Không Quân Việt Nam Cộng Hòa
- Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces Reunion 2003
- Vietnam War Bibliography: The ARVN and the RVN
- History of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam
- Hue Massacre Tet Offensive Photos
- Liberation of Giai Phong Dan Toi from Communist Viet Cong by Army of the Republic of Vietnam: Photos
- The Battle for Hue, 1968 by James H. Willbanks
- The Final Day of My Husband's Life 
|This biographical article about the military of Vietnam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|