Early life and career
In 1980, Nhoah played the drums in various local bands in Berlin (i.a. Aeroflot, Komeda Artist) and worked alongside numerous international artists who resided in the city (e.g., Jayne County, Romy Haag, Hot Java).
Around this time electronic means of music production gained momentum and computationally derived sounds began to influence his work significantly. He continued to compose, produce and engineer musical content (e.g., for Larry Steinbacheck/Bronski Beat, Gareth Jones, Rio Reiser, Marianne Rosenberg) working mainly in Hansa Tonstudio and Tritonus Studio Berlin..
In 1998, he founded the record label and artist management company "R.O.T respectortolerate“ to support and mentor the development of artistic talent from which multiple successful projects originated (e.g., MIA., The Aim of Design Is to Define Space, Schlindwein, Lulu Schmidt).
In 2011, the first album of his project Tangowerk by Nhoah was released. It mirrors musical influences from the notorious electro clubs of Berlin and tango orchestra from Buenos Aires. Many of the contributors are internationally recognised artists such as Adriana Varela, Louie Austen, Berlin Comedian Harmonists, Mieze Katz (from MIA.), Walter "Chino" Laborde, Ina Viola or Lulu Schmidt. The project also features elaborate visuals (video: Carola Schmidt), a complimentary movie and a stage play are in the making . The album Tangowerk was nominated for the German Record Critics' Award Preis der deutschen Schallplattenkritik.
Since 2017, NHOAH has performed as a live-act and DJ. Since then, he released one studio album, several EP´s and a live album with electronic music. Mainly in the genres Techno, Deep House and Electronica.
Spanning over decades, Nhoah's comprehensive body of work continues to garner the recognition of publications such as Resident Advisor, The Quietus, TRAX Mag, Clash Mag, PopMatters, Data Transmission, The Arts Desk, Be At TV, Electronic Groove and BBC 6 Music’s Nemone.
Following the Be At TV premiere of ‘Stairway To Nothingness - Glacier Concert’ (2019), a live video was recorded on a suspended glass stairway at 9000 feet, on the highest mountain of Styria, Austria: the Dachstein Glacier.
|2017||West-Berlin by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2018||‘Stairway To Nothingness - Glacier Concert’ bay NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2017||Electronic Piano by Schlindwein||producer/mixing engineer|
|2015||Berlin Sounds For The Next Decade by Various Artists||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2014||Execss All Areas by Tangowerk||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2012||Tacheles by MIA.||producer/mixer/songwriter|
|2011||Tangowerk by Tangowerk by Nhoah||producer/mixer/songwriter|
|2008||Willkommen im Club by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2006||Zirkus by MIA.||producer/mixer/songwriter|
|2005||Good Time by The Aim of Design Is to Define Space||producer/mixer|
|2005||David vs. Goliath von Flexevil||producer/mixer|
|2004||Stille Post by MIA.||producer/mixer/songwriter|
|2003||Gosen U Can Rave 2 von The Aim Of Design Is To Define Space||producer/mixer|
|2002||Hieb und Stichfest by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|1996||Gift by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1993||Paraphernalia by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1991||Adding Wings by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1991||David by David Hasselhoff||arranger|
|1990||Crazy For You by David Hasselhoff||arranger/composer|
|1988||Komeda Artist by Komeda Artist||artist/producer/songwriter|
|1986||Flugblatt by Romy Haag||arranger/songwriter|
|2019||Nocturne by Schlindwein||producer/mixing engineer|
|2019||I Can`t Satiyfy You by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2019||Fire by Lulu Schmidt||producer/co-songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2019||Mountain Calls by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2018||Der Goldene Ball by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2018||Call You Up by Schlindwein||producer/mixing engineer|
|2018||Abstellgleis by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2018||120 Red Skies by NHOAH||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2017||The Final Start by Marc Prochnow||producer/co-songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2016||Beautiful Day/Fucking Berlin by Schlindwein feat. Lulu Schmidt||producer/co-songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2015||Yoko Ono by Baum&Hoena||producer/co-songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2015||Sweet petite by Dr. Hirschfeld&Das Institut||producer/songwriter/mixing engineer|
|2012||Fallschirm by MIA.||producer/arranger|
|2011||Tuyo Soy/Ob Ich Dir Treu Sein Kann
by Tangowerk by Nhoah feat. Walter "Chino" Laborde/
Berlin Comedian Harmonists/Karina Beorlegui
|2011||Dancing On The Volcano
by Tangowerk by Nhoah feat. Headvoice
|2008||Mein Freund by MIA.||producer/mixer/co|
|2007||Zirkus by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2006||Tanz der Moleküle by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2005||Stadtschlagader by Flexevil||producer/mixer|
|2005||Glamour Star/State Outta Babylon by Mistah Bomsh||producer|
|2004||Ökostrom by MIA.||producer/mixer|
|2004||Sonne by MIA.||producer/mixer|
|2004||Hungriges Herz by MIA.||producer/mixer|
|2003||Was Es Ist by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2002||Kreisel by MIA.||producer/mixer|
|2002||Verrückt by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2002||Alles Neu by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2002||Machtspiele by MIA.||producer/mixer/composer|
|2001||Factory City (Electropunk Remix) by MIA.||producer/remixer|
|1996||First Time by Peacock Palace feat. Andrew Richley (The Pogues)||artist/producer/composer|
|1996||Mellow Man by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1993||Heatwave by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1992||Looking For Freedom (Remix) by David Hasselhoff||remixer|
|1991||Henry's Song by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1991||Like A Snake by Peacock Palace||artist/producer/composer|
|1991||The Other Side Of Town by Sterling||songwriter|
|1990||Keep The Jungle Alive by Smash||producer/songwriter|
|1990||New Life by Scam Jam||producer/songwriter|
|1988||Monkey Forest by Komeda Artist||artist/producer/songwriter|
|1988||Muscles by Komeda Artist||artist/producer/songwriter|
|1987||Heaven by Komeda Artist feat. Larry Steinbacheck (Bronski Beat)||artist/producer/songwriter|
|2016||Beautiful Day by Schlindwein feat. Lulu Schmdit in Fucking Berlin||Song-Feature|
|2016||Innocent Dubstepmix by NHOAH/Tangowerk||Song-Feature|
|2007||Wir bitten Dich, verführe uns! Short film by Carola Schmidt||Film music|
|2003||2 Ryk Og En Afelevering Film||Song-Feature|
|2003||Führer Ex Film||Movie theme|
|1998||Cobra 11 TV series||Remixed movie theme|
|1996||Wolkenstein TV series||Movie theme|
Under the pseudonym H.Flug, he applies himself as a photographer, painter and writer, exhibiting his works in renowned galleries and exhibitions and frequently collaborating with visual and performance artists (i.a. Eric Tannhäuser, Carola Schmidt).
- "Biografie". www.nhoah.com. Archived from the original on 8 February 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Komeda Artist - Monkey Forest". Discogs. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 October 2011. Retrieved 1 March 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Artikel über Komeda Artist
- Michael Prellberg: Intelligenter Pop. In: Blickpunkt., Nr. 346, 1986, S. 43.
- Komeda Artist – die neue SUPERTRUPPE. in: BRAVO. Nr. 40, 1988, S. 8.
- "Romy Haag - Flugblatt". Discogs. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Komeda Artist - Komeda Artist". Discogs. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Lutz Ehrlich: "Ich lass' mir keine Grenzen setzen". In: Der Tagesspiegel., Nr. 11911, 1984, S. 50.
- Anna Mechler: Der glückliche Rastlose. In: TAZ Berlin., 4. Januar 2005, S. 22.
- http://www.discogs.com/release/1530012 David Hasselhoff: Crazy For You
- Annette Hopfenmüller: Heavy Models. In: Männer Vogue. Nr. 6, 1992, S. 102f, 108, 112.
- weloadtv (21 September 2016), FUCKING BERLIN - Beautiful Day - SCHLINDWEIN feat. LULU SCHMIDT, retrieved 29 July 2019
- lulu schmidt / carola schmidt (5 May 2019), Lulu Schmidt - Fire (official music video), retrieved 29 July 2019
- Interview with R.O.T. In: +81 - Plus Eighty One., Nr. 19, 2003, S. 36-37.
- Hannes Bieger: Nhoah produziert Mein Freund von MIA.. In: Sound&Recording., Nr. 12, 2008, S.20-26.
- Adriana Varela (span. WP)
- "Página/12 :: espectaculos". www.pagina12.com.ar. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- http://www.schallplattenkritik.de/ Preis der deutschen Schallplattenkritik
- BE-AT.TV (7 February 2019), NHOAH Live set @ The Dachstein Glacier, Austria 2019 (BE-AT.TV), retrieved 29 July 2019
- Nhoah (28 March 2019), NHOAH - Mountain Calls, retrieved 29 July 2019
- "RA: NHOAH tracks". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "The Quietus | Features | Quietus Charts | Albums Of The Month: Music We've Loved In November". The Quietus. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- Noah - Lichter, retrieved 28 July 2019
- #CLIP : NHOAH - Mountain Calls, retrieved 28 July 2019
- "NHOAH". Clash Magazine. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "NHOAH - "Abstellgleis" (808 State Remix) (premiere)". PopMatters. 21 November 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- NHOAH - Abstellgleis, retrieved 28 July 2019
- "theartsdesk on Vinyl 38: Reviews Led Zeppelin, Lissie, Holger Czukay, Gomez, Ringo Starr, Moscoman and more". theartsdesk.com. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "productions nhoah". www.nhoah.com. Archived from the original on 30 October 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Fucking Berlin", Wikipedia (in German), 9 April 2019, retrieved 29 July 2019
- "preisverleihungdiagonale08". 2008.diagonale.at. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Carola Schmidt – Wir bitten dich, verführe uns! feat. Nhoah Flug / Tine Tillmann. In: KUNST Magazin Berlin., 07./08.2007, S. 18.