Niño (TV series)
|Created by||Jules Katanyag|
|Directed by||Maryo J. de los Reyes|
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
|Ending theme||"Liyab" by Aicelle Santos|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Executive producer(s)||Leilani Feliciano-Sandoval|
|Production location(s)||Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||27-38 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||May 26 –|
September 12, 2014
Niño is a 2014 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Maryo J. de los Reyes, it stars Miguel Tanfelix and David Remo. It premiered on May 26, 2014 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Carmela: Ang Pinakamagandang Babae sa Mundong Ibabaw and worldwide on May 26, 2014 (North America) and May 27, 2014 (Middle East, North Africa, Asia Pacific and Europe) on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on September 12, 2014 with a total of 80 episodes. It was replaced by Strawberry Lane in its timeslot.
Niño, who will be adopted and raised by Leny and David after being separated from his parents due to an accident, will become a source of inspiration and hope to the people in Barrio Pag-asa. While Tukayo will help and guide Niño in overcoming different circumstances.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Supporting cast
- Gloria Romero as Violeta
- Dante Rivero as Pedro Sagrado
- Angelu de Leon as Leny Inocente
- Jay Manalo as Lucio
- Katrina Halili as Hannah Sagrado-Ibarra
- Neil Ryan Sese as David Inocente
- Luz Valdez as Josefa "Epang" Inocente
- Ces Quesada as Danita Delos Santos
- Renz Valerio as Raphael Sagrado Ibarra
- Bianca Umali as Angelica "Gracie"
- Sandy Talag as Tiny Delos Santos
- Julian Marcus Trono as Cocoy
- Vincent Magbanua as Matmat
- German Moreno as Pete
- Extended cast
- Jerald Napoles as Obet
- Angeli Bayani as Helen
- Rafa Siguion-Reyna as Ric
- Annika Camaya as Charito
- Stephanie Sol as Magda
- Guest cast
- Tom Rodriguez as Gabriel Ibarra
- Lito Legaspi as Manuel Reyes
- Bettina Carlos as Heidi
- Gian Magdangal as Juanito
- Isabelle Daza as Claire
- Jestoni Alarcon as Henry
- Mickey Ferriols as Cathy
- Barbara Miguel as Calay
- Sherilyn Reyes as Cynthia
- Lara Melissa De Leon as Perla
- Will Ashley De Leon as young Niño
- Julianna Richards as young Gracie
- Flora Gasser as Ason
- Nicole Dulalia as Patty
- Andrea del Rosario as Olivia
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila household television ratings, the pilot episode of Nino earned a 21.2% rating. While the final episode scored a 29.6% rating. The series had its highest rating on September 8, 2014 with a 30.4% rating.
- "Niño (Full Episodes) - YouTube". Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Niño". Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (June 11, 2014). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings (May 24-30, 2014): Dyesebel beats Niño pilot episode; The Legal Wife beats Rhodora X finale". Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (September 29, 2014). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Household Ratings (Sept 12-18, 2014): The Ryzza Mae Show consistently beats Be Careful; Strawberry Lane gets highest-rating pilot episode for 2014". Retrieved January 26, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|