|Studio album by Ali Farka Touré|
|Label||World Circuit Music (PRS)|
Nick GoldAudio Engineer = Jerry Boys
|Ali Farka Touré chronology|
Within the CD pamphlet Touré discusses his motivation for creating the album and how the music might relate to its audience.
This record is more real, more authentic. It was recorded in the place where the music belongs - deep Mali. We were in the middle of the landscape which inspired the music and that in turn inspired myself and the musicians. My music is about where I come from and our way of life and it is full of important messages for Africans. In the West perhaps this music is just entertainment and I don't expect people to understand. But I hope some might take the time to listen and learn.— Ali Farka Touré, 
Niafunké marks the first of a series of albums he recorded towards the end of his career in his home town. The album was released around the same time he retired to his farm in a remote region of Mali.
|1.||"Ali's Here"||Hammer Sankare||3:13|
|2.||"Allah Uya"||Hammer Sankare, Djeneba Doukoure, Fatoumata Traore, Hamidou Sare||4:28|
|3.||"Mali Dje"||Hammer Sankare, Djeneba Doukoure, Fatoumata Traore, Hamidou Sare||5:37|
|4.||"Saukare"||Djeneba Doukoure, Fatoumata Traore, Hamidou Sare||2:47|
|5.||"Hilly Yoro"||Afel Bocoum, Hammer Sankare, Oumar Toure||3:36|
|9.||"Jangali Famata"||Ali Farka Touré, Affel Bocoum, Oumar Toure||3:20|
|10.||"Howkouna"||Ali Farka Touré, Hammer Sankare, Affel Bocoum, Oumar Toure||5:55|
|11.||"Cousins"||Hammer Sankare, Djeneba Doukoure, Fatoumata Traore, Hamidou Sare||4:14|
|12.||"Pieter Botha"||Oumar Toure||3:20|
- Byrkit, Becky. "Review: Niafunké". Allmusic. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- Ali Farka Touré (1999), Niafunké (Compact Disc), USA: Rykodisc
- "Ali Farka Toure: Morning Edition". National Public Radio. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- Pareles, Jon (7 March 2006). "Obituaries: Ali Farka Touré, Malian celebrated for his music". New York Times. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- Sampling the Sounds of Mali Without Leaving Home Short album description and sample of Tulumba.