|Region of origin||Ireland|
|Look up Niall in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Niall is a male given name of Irish origin, thought to mean "champion" (derived from the Old Irish word niadh meaning warrior or champion) . Also the name of king and legend Niall James Horan sThe Neill Surname</ref> It could also mean "cloud", "passionate" or "avid"
Notable people with the name Niall
- Medieval times
- Niall of the Nine Hostages, High King of Ireland who lived in the early-to-mid 5th century AD
- Niall Caille mac Áeda, High King of Ireland in the 9th century AD
- Modern times
- Niall Ferguson (b. 1964), Historian and the Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University
- Niall Horan (birth September 13, 1993), a member of the British-Irish boy band One Direction
- Niall O'Brien (b. 1981), Irish cricketer
- Niall Quinn (b. 1966), Irish former international footballer and chairman of the English club Sunderland A.F.C.
- Niall Moran (b. 1998), Irish hurler
- Niall Matter (b. 1980), Canadian actor
- Niall McGinn, Northern Ireland footballer for Aberdeen FC
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|