He was part of Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition Season 3, an interactive reality based singing contest which was produced by Fremantle Media and Simon Cowel which also produced the original version in the United States. The Philippine edition was broadcast in GMA 7 in September 2009. Cosme was eliminated 4th on November 7, 2009, together with actress Gina Alajar.
An outspoken LGBT activist he hosted the "I Am Not Immoral" photo exhibition to protest against the exclusion of the LGBT "Ang Ladlad" list from elections in 2010. Cosme is also an HIV/AIDS awareness advocate; he started The Red Whistle campaign in 2011 to raise awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS in the Philippines.
Awards and recognition
In 2007, Cosme started "Project Headshot Clinic", a digital concept that merges profile photos used online with advertisement and/or advocacies. He sees profile photos as "online billboards" which caught the attention of some of the big brands in the Philippines and international entities such as the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). In 2008, he took this project to other countries such as Vietnam, Cambodia and Macau. He also conceptualized and produced a series he called "COSME XXX" in 2010 as his personal tribute to "pain", one of his greatest inspirations. This series featured a number of images inspired by Christian Iconography such as the Madonna, the Crucifixion and the Pieta. In May 2011, he collaborated with the Department of Foreign Affairs (Philippines), FSI (Foreign Service Institute), ACHIEVE (Action for Health Initiatives, Inc.) and UNDP (United Nations Development Program) with his photo exhibit "Resplendor" (Blinding Light), a series depicting the different realities of HIV/AIDS in the Philippines.
- "Niccolo Cosme brings Headshot Clinic Unity for Change advocacy to the whole country". The Daily Tribune. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Sandiego, Bettina (9 November 2009). "Celebrity Duets 3 announces Final Three contenders". PEP.PH. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- Sanchez, Rowenna Joy (2 February 2010). "Niccolo Cosme’s artistic protest". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Barawid, Rachel (1 December 2011). "Blowin the whistle on AIDS". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Pinoy Photographer Niccolo Cosme’s Love for Christian Icons Earns Him International Award". Pinoy-ofw.com. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "NCCA Honors Artists to Conclude National Arts Month". NCCA. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Niccolo Cosme brings Headshot Clinic unity for change advocacy". Manila Bulletin. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Niccolo Cosme's 9th life". The Philippine Star. 5 June 2010. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "DFA Commemorates International AIDS Candlelight Memorial With Candle Lighting, Photo Exhibit". DFA.GOV. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2012.