This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Niche blogging (CanE, UK: // or US: //) is the act of creating a blog with the intent of using it to market to a particular niche market. Niche blogs (also commonly referred to as "niche websites") may appeal to "geographic areas, a specialty industry, ethnic or age groups, or any other particular group of people." While it could be argued that every blog is, in some form, a niche blog, the term as it applies to marketing refers to a particular kind of blog.
Usually, niche blogs will contain affiliate links or advertisements of some sort (pay-per-click or products or both). In some cases, the purpose of the niche blog is to incite the reader into visiting another website which may then attempt to sell the reader a product or service.
Niche blogging and splogging are often hard to distinguish. However, niche blogging's reliance on pay-per-click advertising and other revenue streams usually requires such blogs to have valuable content related to their chosen niche, unlike a splog.
The popularity of niche blogging among new marketers can be attributed to several factors, including cost, adaptability and generating traffic.
Blogging can be a low-cost operation using free hosting platforms, including WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr. Bloggers who choose to invest can purchase domain names or self-host their blogs for a cost. Self-hosted blogs are popular, as Google also takes a website's speed as a ranking factor therefore SEOs recommend webmasters to host their blogs on high quality servers.
As far as company-run websites go, niche blogs are an effective marketing tool due to their more organic, less sale-oriented nature. By providing useful content for users, like guides and user experiences, rather than just pitching sales, niche blogs encourage product and brand awareness, and are therefore popular in a range of industries as an addition to company websites.
Niche bloggers generate revenue by targeting readers in their niche, whether that be a group of fellow professionals in a business, or potential clients. The choice of target audience influences which topics bloggers choose to cover, as well as how they present and promote their writings.
If built correctly niche blogs can provide their bloggers with a pleasant revenue. From just some extra income to help pay monthly bills to generous amounts that can replace their full-time job salary or overtake it entirely. The reason is that this kind of blogs target a specific type of audience that is closer to the final stage of the purchase funnel.
The webmasters do niche blogging to earn huge money online from a particular niche. They do niche blogging on higher search volume keyword or any popular event so they can get higher traffic and ultimately they can get higher profit. Choosing the right niche is the crucial task in niche blogging.
- "Definition of niche - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- Luc, Louie (2015-10-12). "What Is a Niche Website". Buzz Nitrous. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "What is Niche Marketing? (Farm and Food Business)". Farm and Food Business (Penn State Extension). Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- Billy Hoffman. "How Website Speed Actually Impacts Search Ranking", Moz marketing software), Retrieved on 17 February 2016.
- Singh, Tanuja; Veron-Jackson, Liza; Cullinane, Joe (2008-07-01). "Blogging: A new play in your marketing game plan". Business Horizons. 51 (4): 281–292. doi:10.1016/j.bushor.2008.02.002.
- Briggs, Wendy (Summer 2012). "BOOSTING BUSINESS THROUGH BLOGGING". Annals Of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health.
7. Start a niche blog. Learn to build a perfect niche blog. Apr 8, 2016