|Birth name||Petar Perović|
|Born||February 8, 1989 (age 28)
Nikšić, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia
|Residence||Scotia, New York|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
Nicholas "Nick" Delpopolo (born February 8, 1989) is an American judoka. He competed in the men's 73 kg event at the 2012 Summer Olympics; after defeating Cheung Chi Yip in the second round and Dirk Van Tichelt in the third, he lost to Wang Ki-Chun in the fourth round and was eliminated by Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal in the repechages.
On August 6, 2012, Delpopolo was expelled from the Olympics by the IOC after he tested positive for cannabis. Upon exiting the games, Delpopolo stated the positive test result was caused by "inadvertent consumption of food that I did not realize had been baked with marijuana, before I left for the Olympic Games." 
On August 9, 2016, Delpopolo competed again at the 2016 Summer Olympics in the men's 73 kg event, defeating Ahmed Goumar (Niger) in the first round, Odbayar Ganbaatar (Mongolia) in the second round, and ultimately losing to Miklós Ungvári (Hungary) in the Quarter-finals by penalty points. Delpopolo ultimately finished 7th in his division.
Delpopolo was born as Petar Perović (Montenegrin/Serbian Cyrillic: Петар Перовић) in Nikšić, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia. Of Serbian heritage, his biological parents left him as a toddler. After being orphaned for 21 months he was adopted as a 2-year-old by a New Jersey family. As his adoptive father Dominic's family was from Serbia, they started adoption process there until eventually they were to taken to an orphanage near Nikšić, Montenegro. Several years later they adopted another child there, a daughter named Helen.
- "Nicholas Delpopolo". London 2012. Retrieved August 4, 2012.
- "Judoka Nicholas Delpopolo tests positive for cannabis". BBC Sport. BBC. August 6, 2012. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Stallman, Jason (August 14, 2012). "Positive Test Costs Shot-Putter Gold Medal". The New York Times. p. B11. Retrieved August 13, 2012. (login required)
- "Results - Men 73kg - Judo - Rio 2016 - Olympics - BBC Sport". Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- Zaccardi, Nick. "Delpopolo finishes 7th", Times Union, July 30, 2012.
- "About Nick Delpopolo", nickdelpopolo.com
- D'Allesandro, Dave. "Olympics 2012: Nick Delpopolo, of Westfield, attempting to win gold in judo and make most of special opportunity", The Star-Ledger, July 28, 2012. Accessed August 8, 2016.
- Metcalfe, Jeff. "Former Bergen Catholic wrestler Nick Delpopolo seeks Olympic redemption", The Record (Bergen County), August 5, 2016. Accessed August 9, 2016. "Instead, if his draw in the 73-kilogram division pans out as well as he imagines, the former Bergen Catholic wrestler would leave Rio with an Olympic medal and lifetime redemption. 'I'm telling you, that's literally the biggest skeleton in my closet,' said the 27-year-old native of Montenegro, who grew up living with adopted parents in Westfield then attended State University of New York."
- Snyder, Audrey. "Judoka Delpopolo faces biggest fight of his career", psu.edu, July 31, 2012.